Famous people on boats

traceyandsteve

Visit site
We saw Steve McFadden at the boat show this year - walking around with a minder (or at least a very large friend).

Also saw Gary Numan in a chandlers in Brightlingsea last year, apparently he owns a "speedboat" of some description.

Tracey

tcm

Visit site
Fairly pathetic haul

Broombroom obv has never ever brushed with fame in the same way as KevB, hence his rather bad mood bout this.

Nonetheless: shaw taylor, the nolans, john nott, jim davidson (a few times) and now (gasp) Harry Redknapp in a caravan. It's just like Fame! - a load of nobody much's ...

G

Re: Famous in CAyman

Saw Dave Stewrat of Eurythmics fame walking ashore from his yacht moored off the Caymen Islands,
whilst we were on holiday. Apparently he had Natalie Embrulierrrrrrrrr on board.
(not "lying naked on the floor" though I don't think)

cneighbour

coliholic

Visit site
I claim 4 points. 'cos I saw Robin Day on his boat Question Time years and years ago and I saw both tcm and jfm on a boat in the South of France very recently. Oh and SWMBO swears that saw someone famous on a boat in Peurto Banus last year, but she can't remember his name.So that makes me the WINNER.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Hold on a mo!

I started this fred and after all attempts at hijack I believe that I should be the judge as to who the winner should be, certainly not that bullshi###r Colic, so must be me! I too have seen Leo McKern in a lift in a Plymouth hotel. This makes the sighting most definitely nautical based. I also met someone last week who stayed in 2 hotels in the same week as our esteemed PM, even had a chat with him. Both these hotels were again by the sea, so, you can all see that I have the absolute right to claim the honours.

All other sightings reported are really more than a bit crap, someone surely must have seen someone really famous??

coliholic

Visit site
Aha, Im going to win...

...'cos I saw a piccie on the telly of HM The Queen and Prince Pillock getting off their boat, Britannia. And you can't get more famous than that can you.

Bergman

Visit site
Re: Fairly pathetic haul

Raggies meet a better class of nobody.

I once stood next to Duchess of whatsit aka Fergie.

Did'nt know who she was at the time. SWMBO asked if I recognised who I was stood next to

I said it was just some woman with 2 kids

Sic transit gloria mundi

coliholic

Visit site
Re: JFK + Jackie

Ah but they're dead, so don't count and not as famous as Liz and Phil. And he's probably related to Byron too. So a double wammy.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: Aha, Im going to win...

Beat you all. I got Billy Butlins autograph. In a chip shop. And I used his rowing boats all the time.
Beat that you lot. You cant. Can you!!

Dont forget to order your Burgee. PM me.

Haydn

glmuse

Visit site
I have danced with Dr Spock (the doctor with the book about babies, not the Mr with the pointy ears) in 'The Pub' on Tortola; and was on the same quiz team with the drummer from Supertramp at a music quiz night in the 'Virgin Queen' - we won that night..... , we have raced past Timothy West and wife (cant remember her name -but she played Basil Fawltys wife) in their narrow boat, and have moored up behind another famous person in a narrow boat on the Thames - i still wake up in the middle of the night trying to think of his name.....he was the bloke who played the Headmaster of the boarding school in 'To Serve them all my days' on the tele....

Geraldine