Famous people on boats

G

Re: tcm

Waddayer reckon on my Cayman post then pretty impressive I thought, famous pop stars on yacht
in exotic location, must be worth lots of points

cneighbour

tcm

Visit site
Hello luxembourg

No davestewart no very very famous, and anyway, lets be honest he looks like a beach bum. Three points. Trois points.

Note that you can't *assume* that the yacht is stacked up with other pop stars too. You have to see them. So, three points only.

Thankyou luxembourg

tcm

Visit site
supreme court investigates

The priddy points were provisonal upon him becoming famous. BUT seeing as you and I and others now know of him without having even mettim for example - he obviously is in fact now "famous"!!

the 15 was for him coming on depsol's boat, probly to score some you-know what.

Ordinarily Priddy is a one-pointer, unless he become as famous as stirling moss for example in which case 3 points, falling slowly to 2 points and soon 1 point cos SMoss somewhat overdoing the party fame and apparently turned up for the opening of a letter last week and got totally shredded...

tcm

Visit site
self-contained irrelevancies ok imho

You are of course right b1 - but the post flagged itself as almost totally daft, and "stufff happening" is (i think) an important aspect of a bb. It's also bin a bit quiet recently, no?

coliholic

Visit site
Ah well in that case....

...if we're allowed famous people in non boaty places, I score on several counts here. 'Cos I played football once with Rod Stewart and he sang Sailing so there's a boaty connection and he's a bit of an aggressive player and there was this punch up with the opposing team and someone got hit. But I don't know who 'cos I did a runner,

And I once had a drink in Harry's bar in South Audley St with Roger Moore AND Joan Collins. Well actually not quite true, they had a drink and so did I, but not all together if you see what I mean.

So anyway I claim loads of points.

piratequeen

Visit site
Sir Alec Rose AND Bergerac

Loads of points for me...
Went to an Ideal home type thing in Jersey a few years ago and needed to go to the loo- but no loo paper, so when I came out I buttonholed this commisionaire type chap in a blazer and had a bit of a rant about the state of the toilets, only to be interrupted by the Bailiff of Jersey coming up to him and saying "Good Afternoon, Sir Alec, it's time for you to come and open the show now" (OK so he wasn't on a boat that day but..he had been recently, for a very long time!)
Also.... sitting at anchor in Beauport Bay afew years later with some sausages doing nicely on the barbeque, this cheeky passing swimmer asks if there's any going spare - it was John Nettles aka Bergerac. (told him to cook his own)

ArthurWood

Visit site
Re: Hold on a mo!

I thought an old f--t like you would know - it's now called a (motor)coach, I think.

Oh, and I used to live next door to Phil Parkes, but I never saw him on a boat.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
V serious!!

Not daft at all tcm, just plain bored. It's about time someone started using their boats otherwise this sort of thing will continue.......................

Time for another leopard story?

DepSol

Visit site
Re: I once saw...

And you know all about self abuse eh John ;-) Dont judge everyone by your own standards <G>

I must be the winner out of this lot as I have have drunk with famous people had a punch up involving famous people and had famous people drinking on board my boat with me.

me me me I'm the winner. oh who cares anyway they are all human beings and most of them a good laugh. Can I add that I had a drink with Nicholas Lyndhurst in a pub in West Wittering. he was making fun of the barman which was most amusing. Oh and Micheal Barrymore told me to F@ck off at 6am by the BIC in Bournemouth, he looked quite rough must have been out all night on a bender.

Dom

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk

who's Phil Parkes....................oh, and by the way, I may be getting older but feel sure Ive a fair way to go to catch you up and only my SWBMTB is allowed to call me a f*rt cos I call her an old bat and we like it that way.............
Oh yes and I met and chatted to Ralph Reader cos I was a good boy scout long before I had a boat and I also had dinner one night in a Liverpool hotel and Nerys Hughes of the Liver Birds was at the next table and I walked down the stairs at the Dorchester just in front of David Jason and for one ecstatic moment thought all the paparazzi were taking pictures of me ..................and at the same do I sat next to that guy who played Rab C Nesbitt and the whole of the cast of The Bill were on the table next to mine and .........oh god this is getting boring..................

TonyR
boatone@boatsontheweb.com
www.boatsonthethames.co.uk

parrothead

Visit site
Re: *I-spy famous people: count your points*

How many points do you get if Handy Andy built your boat even if it sank because MDF is rubbish, and soaks up water like a sponge?

tcm

Visit site
Re: MBF boat.

totally correct B1. I am still sniggering. This diodn't acrtuall happen did it? I wonder if perhaps he should have the point for "famous person helping with boat" tho?

parrothead

Visit site
Re: MBF boat.

Have you not seen the new series of changing boats, however Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen did not get caught in the propeller I am sad to anounce.

ArthurWood

Visit site

Please accept my unreserved apology if I causd offence.
Oh, and I went to the same school as Arthur C. Clarke but I've never met him. But as you say, this is now very boring......