Engine question.

pandos

Visit site
I have just fitted the injector pump on a md21b fuel lines are clear filters are new plenty of fuel in tank. Boat on dry and water supply not so good so do not want to run engine for long.

The engine refused to fire when I bled the system first but I tried it 20 minutes later and it burst into life immediatly. it sounded fine.

I switched it off and set up the water supply, engine would not start. Tried it 10 minutes later, started no bother again sounded smooth and sweet.

went to boat this am. Engine would not start, ten minutes later started first turn of the key.

After lunch today same pattern.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what the problem may be???.

I can see no leaks but I suspect something simple it may just be a little air sitting somewhere, my instinct is that a half hour at high revs would end all problems but just in case I ask this question now.

Thanks in advance

savageseadog

Visit site
Can be a problem with the lift pump, it will be an air leak somewhere for sure. One way of diagnosing these problems is to fit a piece of clear tubing to the injector pump inlet and see what comes through. It is also possible to have problems with the fuel spill back circuit from the injectors including caps if any.