VP Kad32 Oil Pressure

YachtKahlua

Visit site
Hi All,

Just a quick question regarding oil pressure warning on my VP Kad32 engine.
My dad was out on the boat recently and just as he got back to the marina, the low oil pressure light started flashing at him. He mentioned he had be at a idle RPM or slightly above for approx 20 mins prior to this.
I then went to the boat to have a look, the oil quantity was good and no obvious leaks.
I started the engine and let it idle in the marina and after approx 10 minutes the light started flashing again.
The was no noticeable drop in the oil pressure on the gauge but I stopped the engine immediately.

Anyone got ideas where to start looking?
Seems unlikely a faulty sensor seeing as there was no warning light for the first 10 minutes.

YachtKahlua

Visit site
Hi Paul,
It seems the gauge is reading correctly, I didn't let the engine run after the light started flashing, but there was no immediate drop like you'd expect to see to set the light off in the first place.
Is the sender located within the sensor itself or a seperate unit?

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Hi Paul,
It seems the gauge is reading correctly, I didn't let the engine run after the light started flashing, but there was no immediate drop like you'd expect to see to set the light off in the first place.
Is the sender located within the sensor itself or a seperate unit?
There are two senders, one for pressure and another for the light/alarm, located near the oil filter.

YachtKahlua

Visit site
Hi guys,
So just to update, oil pressure gauge is reading a solid ~60psi with the engine started from cold and the warning light is illuminating almost straight away.
Safe to say it's a dodgy senor supplying warning light?
Is it the one circled below?
IMG_20240523_115015.jpg

PaulRainbow

Visit site
That looks like it. I would look the part number up online. I just changed one of mine, Volvo wanted £100, patterned copy was £50, one from China was £25 delivered.

Other threads that may be of interest