Damaged pulpit

azzo

Visit site
Hi,
During the winter the stainless steel pulpit on my GIBSEA 242 was badly damaged.Since Jauary I have been trying to find a company which can make a new one for me as GIB SEA no longer hold them in stock.
I am in Warrington .Is there anyone within 100 miles who can help me ?

In desperation

John

BrendanS

Visit site
Try contacting Dave_Snelson, a forumite who I beleive is in your part of the country. He's started a stainless fabrication company, and he made a pushpit up for Ships_woofy from memory, and he was very pleased with them

ShipsWoofy

Visit site
Agreed, Dave did a fine job and as a fellow boater who lives not far from you he is a pleasure to have on board.

Throughly recommend his work, just keep him plied with tea though!

I will ask him to look in on this thread, otherwise drop him a PM.

You will find him a regular on the motor boat forum, but don't let that put you off /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wooslehunter

Visit site
If you can't get a recommended guy to do the work, check out the local stainless fabricators. Beware of one thing though - I got caught on this one.

I went to a local firm who were recommended to me but they then subbed the work out to another firm so I guess I paid more than I should. The main problem was getting a schedule since the first lot who I thought were doing the work didn't really care since the job was too small. In the end I got a pullpit back that didn't fit even though they had the original to copy. The original had been bent so the mountings were not flat on the deck but they were told to copy it so they did.

Once I got in touch with the guys actually doing the work, they couldn't have been more helpful. They were confused themselves about just copying the original & worked a sunday to fix the problem.