Curious clip on screwdriver

doraymefa

Visit site
The car beside me at the dump today was about to throw a heavy toolbox away. There were some bits worth keeping.
Can anyone explain what the spring clip on this screwdriver is for? There were two of these in the box. A0AC1FF2-4707-465A-BB1E-CC87AC47A245.jpeg

Mudisox

Visit site
Sad, I looked at my tool chest the other day and thought, "what will happen to it once I've gone". The boys all have their own. Mind you I still have my grandfather's set of chisels, much sharpened, and my father's homemade canvas bag for the boat.

Bouba

Visit site
Sad, I looked at my tool chest the other day and thought, "what will happen to it once I've gone". The boys all have their own. Mind you I still have my grandfather's set of chisels, much sharpened, and my father's homemade canvas bag for the boat.
If you want to outlive your tools...buy cheapies from China like I do😜

William_H

Visit site
I am envious of all the junk tools you got. Not that I need any I sem to have duplicates of all that stuff. I just love hand tools. Love to clean them up. Not that I use them much now days. In fact I have so many I rationalised to put away duplicates in case my little shed gets burgled. Like mudisox my 2 boys already have their tools would be sad to see my collection go out. But then I won't see it.....
Re clip for holding screw yes I have seen them. Also had a screw driver with asplit blade so a ring presses down to force the 2 halves of the blade together to go into screw slot then release to spread the halves to hold the screw. Bu the whole thing susceptible to over load damage. I just use blue tack or plastercine to hold a screw on the end of the screw driver. ol'will

Team Hallin

Visit site
I'm also a tool lover and my garage is so full of them that cars/motorbikes no longer have space in it!
Did Aristotle not once say that he could lift the world with a lever long enough? I wait to be corrected as he would also have needed a fulcrum and a space suit at the very least!!