Curious clip on screwdriver

RupertW

Visit site
Sad, I looked at my tool chest the other day and thought, "what will happen to it once I've gone". The boys all have their own. Mind you I still have my grandfather's set of chisels, much sharpened, and my father's homemade canvas bag for the boat.
I still use my mother’s and my father in laws tools. Nobody is truly dead until the last person uses their tools for the last job.

alan_d

Visit site
I'm also a tool lover and my garage is so full of them that cars/motorbikes no longer have space in it!
Did Aristotle not once say that he could lift the world with a lever long enough? I wait to be corrected as he would also have needed a fulcrum and a space suit at the very least!!
Not Aristotle but Archimedes, who also knew a thing or two about why boats float. I believe that he did specify a long enough lever and a place to stand, which is probably why the claim has never been empirically tested.

William_H

Visit site
I can’t see much use for the spirit level on your boat…
Funny you should mention that. I have a spirit level glued in inside my locker in cockpit. It is there to aid in getting fore and aft trim correct when dropping the centre board keel. It does not like to drop when stern down or up. No I don't use it when sailing because i am always trying to get stern up bow down. (except when under spinnaker. ol'will