Crinan Canal 2024

jlavery

Visit site
Now up in Loch Craignish, having come out via Crinan this afternoon.

All locks and bridges were manned, great, pleasant service from all staff.

Lock 11 (?) gates were leaking, leading to a delay through lock 12 as staff had to go back to shut both sets of gates at 11 to reduce overspill into 12.

I can see how staff might be stretched if it were busy.

But all in all, a great trip through (2 handed). Even saw a beaver on Loch Coille-Bharr!

Peter Pilot

Visit site
Now up in Loch Craignish, having come out via Crinan this afternoon.

All locks and bridges were manned, great, pleasant service from all staff.

Lock 11 (?) gates were leaking, leading to a delay through lock 12 as staff had to go back to shut both sets of gates at 11 to reduce overspill into 12.

I can see how staff might be stretched if it were busy.

But all in all, a great trip through (2 handed). Even saw a beaver on Loch Coille-Bharr!
The canal is so unbelievably quiet at the moment. Yesterday I had over an hours delay when the water between locks 11 and 12 was far too high and needed to be run off. The two boats in front were also delayed for a long time as we were 4 locks behind and caught them up.

I would choose definitely rather than might.

Beavers seem to be plentiful .

awol

Visit site
A hearty thank you! Went round the MoK on my way to the SIPR start last week mainly 'cos of time restraints and the lack of confidence in the canal expressed on here. Had to motor most of the way due to lack of puff but you can motor a hell of a long way for the cost of one canal transit.