Continual quiz about the Bristol Channel (2)

tonybarebones

Visit site
I’ve been thinking, (it’s ok, I am now going to lie down for an hour now) when the quiz migrates to the next page the ongoing postee starts another page as I have done 2, 3, 4, & etc. no need to start another question just carry on with the same one. The other point is that questions should ideally be “non Googleable” I noticed in my last questions some had been Googled, of course this could only happen in a cyber quiz. With regard to the demarcation of the Bristol Channel my vote would be to use sea area Lundy this would pull together all parts of the so called Bristol Channel.

On with the quiz… I think it’s up to me to decide who is the winner of the last question… Graham I think, as he didn’t user Google? Over to you Graham. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
And the answer to the little question on the side about Portishead and wind direction....

The new wind turbine towers at Avonmouth each have 2 fixed red aero lights on top, so (when looking from the south west) if the wind is about NNW to ESE the blades don't obscure the lights so they appear as per the chart. In any other wind direction the lights either flash or occlude, depending on the speed of the blades.

graham

Visit site
Definitely a non googleable question. Where is this.If its not answered I will add more pictures until someone gets it.

007-3.jpg

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluedragon

Visit site
Had the same thoughts (looks like Lavernock Point in the centre in the distance)...but where is this spit of land / seabed?? Having sailed / anchored / walked most of that coast, it beats me!!

graham

Visit site
Re Damo and Bluedragon both wrong so far.PS the sun would set to the right of the picture.