Connecting control cables to outboard

elv_1986

Visit site
Hi,
I am having some trouble trying to figure out what fittings I need to connect my control cables to my outboat. Currently there is nothing on the end of the cables, and I have these on my outboard:

Gears:
P1010026.jpg

Throttle:
P1010023.jpg

The outboard is an old Selva

Can anyone help me here? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Regards /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nyx2k

Visit site
if you can take the engine to most outboard dealers they can tell you what you need. if you can get the part numbers from them you can then buy from them or look around for used parts if you're on a budget.

elv_1986

Visit site
I have searched on the selva website, and on google but theres hardly any information on them at all /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I thought there might be some bits missing, I dont suppose there are any outboard dealers on here that could help me are there? Otherwise Ill have to try and get the outboard off or tow the boat to a dealers /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

nyx2k

Visit site
the gearbox one looks generic. the same fitting as my Yamaha and a mariner. email a pic to a dealer and should sort that one out but the throttle looks different to mine

dfleminguk

Visit site
I had the same setup on a boat I had quite a few years back. Mine was an evinrude outboard although i think there is a connection between selva and evinrude.... The fittings you need however are generic. Usually plastic ends which are quite long, fit to the ends of the cables, one will just have a hole through it which fits snug onto the throttle lever, The end for the gear lever will be held on with a bernot pin and spring. Id have thought that most chandlers will stock.
Be careful you dont just get connections for 'a' particular outboard manufacturer however fittings vary even amoungst different models of outboard made by the same manufacturer.