Checking in ?

Sixpence

Visit site
Seems some East coasters have arrived home safely , any sign of Magna of the Carta ? and Fullest Circle ? , and anyone heard from Mr Three Bottles ? , come on teasers , where's the story ?

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
I is 'ere.....

But about to vanish...... 176nm in the bag, and safely tucked up in her new berth..... and I is knackered!

A fabulous weekend, including a great Thames Estuary night crossing on a single leg from Eastbourne to Shotley in just 15 hours....

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Did you have any wind?

Left Brightlingsea on Friday and had a mix of sailing and motoring to Ramsgate, on Saturday motored to Boulogne on Sunday almost sailed to Calais and then motored (apart from about 3 hours) on Monday back to Brightlingsea.

Still not bad for a Bank Holiday in 27' boat. My 15 year old son has decided we should go stinkpot and I almost agree with him! He enjoyed the French food - we ate Chinese in Boulogne and pizza in Calais!

Peter

PS Not really!

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk
Moi ici

excellent weekend.
Friday:
Refuelled at the very cheap BFP terminal in the Waveney Dock. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
went for a play for an hour waiting for the bridge lift. 28kts /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Glorious weather for boating.
back onto berth with a bit of side wind but now seem to have mastered the art and no bumps /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Saturday:
Driven to Stamford Bridge to watch the mighty blues collect another three points on the way to another championship (come on united will falter at the last hurdle) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Then collected the potential new crew member from their home.
Sunday:
out on the 11.15 bridge lift with new crew perfoming extremely well for someone who had never steered a boat before. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Nice run to yarmouth and the wind farm in F3/4 28 kts again 9bum clean and new anti foul today so hopefully i shall get back to 38 kts next weekend.
return wasnt very nice with a horrid short chop when we turned around. new crew performing extremely well and listening to instructions carefully.
returned to Trawl dock for a coffee, where new crew (who is suddenly becoming SWMBO) had to carry out her first mooring routine....i really must check her credentials....she did so well.
back to the berth with a nasty cross wind this time and SWMBO casually tying up with no instructions needed.

sorry no pics. batteries in camera were flat!

excellent weekend and new crew were tip top.

glad to hear magna completed a safe and successful first passage.

Sixpence

Visit site
Sounds like the good lady is turning out to be a very good choice ,,,,,,,,,,,, and nice to hear the standard East coast ' flat batteries in camera ' excuse again ... Good to hear you're back ok Doug

FullCircle

Visit site
Lymington about 2030 last night, having returned from Shotley for my car.
Totally exhausted, sorting things out and a new job start today.
Mountainous seas in the channel.
P1010022.jpg

Surfing down the backs of the mountainous seas.

P1010076.jpg

Skipper ducking mountainous seas...

P1010072.jpg

Crew staying out of the mountainous seas weather

P1010063.jpg

Skipper Smug. A bit.

P1010083.jpg

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Not a great deal of wind..... motored the whole way bar 3.2nm.....

We did have a good stiff breeze of 21kts for the last 7 or so miles, but by this time (around midnight) we were tired, facing the navigational challenges of Harwich in the dark, and in an unfamilar boat, so I opted to not bother with the sails this time..... give me a week or two to get used to her, and the story will be different!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the French cusine /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif