CE marking.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
Doesn't that just cost £10 and a clean police record?

And living for something like 4 years after graduating (I think it's actually ten terms, but I haven't checked the rules!). Same in Cambridge - which is why I am diffident about my MA, though technically that is my degree! Just to put the record straight, an Oxbridge MA is really to do with voting rights in the University's governing body and status within the University, not academic achievement. That's why it is usual to put (Oxon) or (Cantab) after it, to ensure no-one thinks it is an examined degree. There is a tacit assumption that you won't stop learning after you've graduated, though, and the MA recognizes this.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
And living for something like 4 years after graduating (I think it's actually ten terms, but I haven't checked the rules!). Same in Cambridge - which is why I am diffident about my MA, though technically that is my degree! Just to put the record straight, an Oxbridge MA is really to do with voting rights in the University's governing body and status within the University, not academic achievement. That's why it is usual to put (Oxon) or (Cantab) after it, to ensure no-one thinks it is an examined degree. There is a tacit assumption that you won't stop learning after you've graduated, though, and the MA recognizes this.

MAs are first degrees in the six ancient universities of the UK: Oxford, Cambridge, St Andrews, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow. I don't know about Fenland Poly, but on the Isis the rule has always (since the thirteenth century, I think) been that you can't become an MA until seven years after matriculating. Because not many people want to study that long, a BA is given as a sort of placeholder, to say you have done all the studying required. Paying the ten quid doesn't get you an MA, it converts your BA (or your MEng, MPhys, MMath, MChem, MFA or any other first degree into an MA).

The old Scottish universities don't have the seven year rule, so you get the MA as soon as you graduate, normally after four years. Arts/humanities only, and there is no provision for turning a BSc into an MA.

Heckler

Visit site
Au contraire...

There were a load of US Imported Icoms plus others (Cobra kack), when Amazon first hit the big internet sales, being imported in that didn't have M1 M2 on them. So while they work on CH16, Mr Icom UK got a fair number of these sent back as "faulty" ...

Some of the Cobra kack was being sold as "water proof" when it was IPx5 at best.
I bought a Cobra "kack" handheld years ago, I dropped it and broke a knob off. Phoned the importers up to see if they had spares, they sent me a brand new one foc! Still going strong years later, battery holds up well. So, from my perspective not "kack"

Nick Costen

Visit site
This is all getting a bit off topic for a boating forum, so ...

Why do you lot stand on the wrong end of punts?

"Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

I'm not sure if these two statements should be juxtaposed.... Clearly, though, you do stand at the right end.

I've always felt that the best distinction in that direction is the question of when chemists wash their hands. I'm still not sure, though, who comes out of it worse.

Nick

D

Deleted member 36384

They don't give these things out for sweetie papers, ........

A few folk who post in these forums do think they are given out rather easily these days, considering the number of comments usually made whenever academic qualifications are raised.

Now, I have some old antifouling left over, will it dry faster than ...................

Heckler

Visit site
A few folk who post in these forums do think they are given out rather easily these days, considering the number of comments usually made whenever academic qualifications are raised.

Now, I have some old antifouling left over, will it dry faster than ...................

MChem is in our game, taken on initially by Schlumberger but now with a major.
Stu