Bought a Never splashed Colvic Countess 33 on eBay, Looking for infos

Spyro

Visit site
Re: VIDEO UPDATE. 005 the Lady itself.

I’m thinking of “cooking” the water out of the inside before I actually even bother to measure. There’s just moisture everywhere. Window seals and drains did a very good job at letting water inside. I’m thinking of getting the temp up to 110 on the inside. It’s 5 degrees higher then recommended so I’m still thinking.
No plan as of yet. Just thinking cap on.

I've just came out of a sauna and believe it or not while sitting in there got to thinking about what sort of power is required to heat something of that volume up to that temp. I'm sure it will take more than a 3kw heater so it begs the question what sort of power source will you be using. Surely a 240v domestic supply won't be able to provide the power you need????? Maybe I'm wrong and you could put me right?

pvb

Visit site

I've just came out of a sauna and believe it or not while sitting in there got to thinking about what sort of power is required to heat something of that volume up to that temp. I'm sure it will take more than a 3kw heater so it begs the question what sort of power source will you be using. Surely a 240v domestic supply won't be able to provide the power you need????? Maybe I'm wrong and you could put me right?

Detail, mere detail....

tean

Visit site
I've just come across this thread and only scanned through it so excuse me if I've missed stuff, but have you now had the boat lifted and moved? On the last page you were concerned about distorting the hull due to the lack of internal support. Well I have a Countess 33 like this one and my understanding is that the hull was designed for maximum flexibility in internal fit-out and thus has no structural bulkheads, other than the one under the mainmast. So you shouldn't need to do much, if any framing.

I have had a couple of small, dry voids behind the gelcoat like the third of your photos at the edge of my deck moulding. They hadn't blistered, but appeared when the gel cracked due to minor impact, dropping a shackle or some such. I just filled them and they've been no problem since. Mine was moulded in 1988 and when I bought it, still unfinished in 2001, the surveyor was particularly impressed with the quality of the mouldings and the structural strength.

Spyro

Visit site
It's been a week since Greg has been on. I wonder if he's had the surveyor round and still suffering the shock

GregOddity

Mermaid hunting in Antartica. No luck so far.
Visit site
I've just come across this thread and only scanned through it so excuse me if I've missed stuff, but have you now had the boat lifted and moved? On the last page you were concerned about distorting the hull due to the lack of internal support. Well I have a Countess 33 like this one and my understanding is that the hull was designed for maximum flexibility in internal fit-out and thus has no structural bulkheads, other than the one under the mainmast. So you shouldn't need to do much, if any framing.

I have had a couple of small, dry voids behind the gelcoat like the third of your photos at the edge of my deck moulding. They hadn't blistered, but appeared when the gel cracked due to minor impact, dropping a shackle or some such. I just filled them and they've been no problem since. Mine was moulded in 1988 and when I bought it, still unfinished in 2001, the surveyor was particularly impressed with the quality of the mouldings and the structural strength.

My worry is exactly that bulkhead, It is rotten on the base as the stringer under it. It’s mostly where I’m about to do the strengthening so it can finally be moved. If all goes well tomorrow. I’d love to see some pics of yours.

GregOddity

Visit site

It cannot, It will be industrial heaters for construction. 360V

GregOddity

Visit site

Just a small update.
We’ve been busy with testing and trying a new outboard in Wales. Saw a lot of puffins, some Dolphins and quite a few seals.
I’m afraid the Admiral Wife decreed a week of peace and quiet in the beautiful coastline of Wales.
On a positive note I also had a double flat and a broken spring that cost me £300 of repairs, just by driving in the beautiful roads that lead to Skomer island. Expensive Puffins..
If all goes well we will be moving tomorrow after the Welsh expedition interlude.
PS. I did see a Mermaid, and it turned out to be my wife.