BMC 1.5 starting issues - urgent!

lpdsn

Visit site
The propellant is a flammeable gas, I believe it is propane, VicS will tell us which one. This is the component that will fire the easiest.

Actually, seems the auto ignition temp of Propane is much higher than diesel. Counter-intuitive I know, but VicS pointed it out a few weeks ago after I made a post about petrol in diesel to initiate starting.

If it were me, I'd sail the boat into a nearby marina so I could get reliable shorepower charging for cranking the engine. And easier to get some clean diesel to try starting from a can/ new battery/ helping hand from nearby boats.

Heckler

Visit site
Actually, seems the auto ignition temp of Propane is much higher than diesel. Counter-intuitive I know, but VicS pointed it out a few weeks ago after I made a post about petrol in diesel to initiate starting.

If it were me, I'd sail the boat into a nearby marina so I could get reliable shorepower charging for cranking the engine. And easier to get some clean diesel to try starting from a can/ new battery/ helping hand from nearby boats.

Ok, you are missing the point, whatever gas the propellant is, if you squirt it in to the intake of a tired engine, it will fire and run if you keep your finger on the button! My point has been consistant, if it wont fire on WD40 then there is another issue than just not getting fuel to the injectors! If it fires on WD40 then go to the next issue!
Anyway, as it happens, I smelt the smell of a troll ages ago!
Stu

clyst

Visit site
Ok, you are missing the point, whatever gas the propellant is, if you squirt it in to the intake of a tired engine, it will fire and run if you keep your finger on the button! My point has been consistant, if it wont fire on WD40 then there is another issue than just not getting fuel to the injectors! If it fires on WD40 then go to the next issue!
Anyway, as it happens, I smelt the smell of a troll ages ago!
Stu

Me too ......and.it is half term .;)

chewi

Visit site
Philosophically, I believe that if you're going to be disrespectful to someone you should do it to their face. I'm not sure what kind of ego problems results in people who act otherwise, but it is because of them that I avoid forums, social media.
You had a chance to help someone that needed it, and politely asked. And it is a shame that a few fools ruin the tone of the majority of threads here and elsewhere. I Honestly, I can figure it out mysef with the help of other cruisers here, with far less anger, which doesn't help at all.
Thanks to those that were helpful.
Bye.
"A few fools spoil the majority of threads"...this is from someone who joined this forum this month and has contributed nothing.
That is disrespectful.

ghostlymoron

Visit site
Many folk especially beginners are content just to read and learn from this forum. I was like this at first but now feel that I have some knowledge to add. I do try to limit my contributions to subjects I have first hand knowledge of.