Beal Rope Cleaner

Mister E

Visit site
Out son showed me a brush that he used to clean his climbing ropes. This was done in the bath with Techwash Rope Cleaner.
ROPE BRUSH
I am going to try it on the green slime covered ones on the boat.
I will let you know if it worksIMG-20240425-WA0002.jpgIMG-20240425-WA0002.jpgIMG-20240425-WA0001.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20240425-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240425-WA0000.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 1

Neeves

Visit site
Out son showed me a brush that he used to clean his climbing ropes. This was done in the bath with Techwash Rope Cleaner.
ROPE BRUSH
I am going to try it on the green slime covered ones on the boat.
I will let you know if it worksView attachment 176004View attachment 176004View attachment 176005

They come 'rope sized' (primarily rock climbing ropes) - I had thought that if they made them a bit bigger and a lot more robust they could be used 'in line' to clean mud off anchor chain. However my idea was a non starter as I did look but never found anything suitable. There does not appear to be a market for chain cleaners (apart from a deck wash).

Jonathan

bignick

Visit site
I have used a Beal rope cleaner for a few years now. They work brilliantly. I typically fill two 40L flexible builders buckets with water and transfer the rope from one to the other and back again a few times. I find they work even better if you keep the brush submerged when pulling the rope through.

Ps - I bought mine from GO outdoors.

thinwater

sail-delmarva.blogspot.com
Just drop your lines in a bucket of diluted Patio Magic, don't rinse them off too much and they stay clean for months.
OK. Smart for sheets, I've done that (or very similar--US, different products). Benzalkonium chloride (BAC). And of course, this is for algae, not mud.

But would it not rinse out of the rode overnight? A little rain is one thing, soaking is another.

Re. the climber product, that is mostly for desert dust, not mud. But cavers also use similar devices (theirs have a socket for a hose).
How to Clean Your Climbing Rope!

PaulRainbow

Visit site
OK. Smart for sheets, I've done that (or very similar--US, different products). Benzalkonium chloride (BAC). And of course, this is for algae, not mud.
Yes, it won't do more for mud than soaking in water, but the OP said "I am going to try it on the green slime covered ones on the boat."
But would it not rinse out of the rode overnight? A little rain is one thing, soaking is another.

If they are dipped in Patio Magic and then left to drain/dry, the chemical seems to keep the lines free from algae for months. I also do my decks and canvas with Patio Magic, spray it on and leave it twice a year, keeps the green away.

Plum

Visit site

LiftyK

Visit site
I have used a Beal rope cleaner for a few years now. They work brilliantly. I typically fill two 40L flexible builders buckets with water and transfer the rope from one to the other and back again a few times. I find they work even better if you keep the brush submerged when pulling the rope through.

Ps - I bought mine from GO outdoors.

Deal alert

Thanks to bignic, I am back from my nearest Go Outdoors with my new Beal rope cleaner. I couldn't find the item in store but the web site said they were in store. After much assistance from Go Outdoors staff we found the item in the clearance bin. If you have a Go Outdoors card the price is now £12. According to the Beal website the usual price is €21.