Bayesian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldgit

Visit site
It will be the Italian authorities investigating not the UK MAIB ?
Hopefully the publicity encouraging an awareness of new problems that are becoming a hazard to the present generation of mariners ?

14K478

Visit site
Hopefully the publicity encouraging an awareness of new problems that are becoming a hazard to the present generation of mariners ?
The MAIB had a team of four there within 24 hours.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
UK flagged, the MAIB will be involved, UK nationals the Coroner will be involved.

I'd be interested to hear what the new problems are. The weather has sunk ship since an early humanoid discovered that stuff floats.

wonkywinch

Visit site
Please supply a link to support that. As the link in post #47 says, need a licence to watch any programme in iplayer
I don't watch any live TV so refuse to pay the licence fee. I also don't watch anything on iPlayer as the terms state that a licence is required. There are a few examples over on the Moneysavingexpert forums of people being chased by Capita for logging into iPlayer and not having a licence.

You can't watch iPlayer without setting up an account and logging in but I doubt Capita can obtain your info from IP address alone.

Sea Change

Visit site
I don't watch any live TV so refuse to pay the licence fee. I also don't watch anything on iPlayer as the terms state that a licence is required. There are a few examples over on the Moneysavingexpert forums of people being chased by Capita for logging into iPlayer and not having a licence.

You can't watch iPlayer without setting up an account and logging in but I doubt Capita can obtain your info from IP address alone.
You could presumably be logged in and watching whilst in the house of a license holder?

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
It's a criminal investigation in Italy, I seriously doubt they will grant foreign bodies -as official as they can be- any quick and automatic access to underwater images or material, reports from rescue people, statements from crew etc. let alone grant anyone an autonomous access to the underwater ship. They might do it voluntarily, but if the MAIB need to follow some local legal procedure good luck to them. I may be wrong of course.

Norman_E

Visit site
I have not seen either BBC or ITV films on this, but I did see one very interesting piece online that said that the down flooding angle of the boat was very considerably less that the angles of vanishing stability, either keel up or keel down.

earlybird

Visit site
The Kraken video suggests that a downflooding angle of 45deg. which seems very low. The AVS is said to be 73deg; also seems low, but I don't recall if the keel deployment was mentioned, but surely in the raised position.

lustyd

Visit site
The Kraken video suggests that a downflooding angle of 45deg. which seems very low. The AVS is said to be 73deg; also seems low, but I don't recall if the keel deployment was mentioned, but surely in the raised position.
Seems about right when you look at the design. AVS is the angle it'll pop back up from if it doesn't flood, downflooding is when water pours in. The boat has relatively low sides and a sunken lounge at the stern with steps either side as well as a sunken lounge area with steps towards the bow. At 45 degrees water would run down those steps quickly. This is in addition to the very large engine vents which must be closed when heeling.

We have to remember that this boat wasn't designed with 45 degrees in mind - that would spill the bubbly!

This YT channel seems to have better information than most and aren't sensationalising, which is helpful!
The Yacht Report

Status
Not open for further replies.