Anyone recognise this plug?

Praxinoscope

Visit site
Thanks - that's what I'm seeing - looks like new sockets too then -was hoping to avoid that

I’m not sure but I may have one laying around in the garage I’ll have a rummage around tomorrow and let you know. Is it the mounted socket or the plug on the lead that has failed or both?
If I find it you are welcome to it FOC.

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
Thanks both - Dri-Plug it is.

Anyone know if tehy still sell them? Seems it was a Raymarine autopilot plug
Yes, that's what was fitted to the Autohelm A2000 I fitted to my previous boat after 1986. I remember it was a Dri-Plug and haven't seen one for years. I doubt they are still made but do seem to pop up on eBay from time to time and number of pins varies from 2-3 (BD400, BD600, etc.).

e.g. 3 PIN 10 AMP 50 VOLT DRI-PLUG Waterproof Electrical BD400 Yacht Boat Marine | eBay

I used Bulgin Buccaneer last time I needed something similar as mentioned by others.

Last edited:

Praxinoscope

Visit site
Ref #8Had a rummage, found a cover for a Dri-plug but no other bits do must have already given them away, but you a re probably better off replacing with current items anyway, I use the Bulgin range which can I think be bought cheaper from RSccomponents than most chandlers.

KompetentKrew

Visit site
Last edited:

andsarkit

Visit site
If you check the writing again with a magnifying glass you might find it is BD500. If so, I have a couple of plugs (and sockets) you could have. PM me if interested.
P1010732.JPG

andsarkit

Visit site
Yes and yes. I also have some 3 pin ones.
PembrokeshirePromise didn't contact me so I assume he doesn't need them.
I think you will need a few more posts and then you can PM me with your address.
Usually for little things like this I just say put a donation in the charity of your choice.

TREM

Visit site
Yes and yes. I also have some 3 pin ones.
PembrokeshirePromise didn't contact me so I assume he doesn't need them.
I think you will need a few more posts and then you can PM me with your address.
Usually for little things like this I just say put a donation in the charity of your choice.
Thanks for the quick response, I wasnt sure how recent the OP was. I will pay for postage and
I was going to suggest RNLI, but how would a Donation to the DEC for Ukraine sound.

Seashoreman

www.pianotuning.uk.com

KompetentKrew

Visit site
I’ve been using these lately and have been very happy with their quality: IP67 Waterproof 2-Pin Panel Mount Connector Socket (12/24V DC, 20A)
I think I'm going to stick with Bulgin Buccaneers because I've already got the hole(s) drilled for them, and these CNLinkos are smaller, so would require drilling and refilling.

But I do think the CNLinkos look better than the Bulgins - they appear to require only about a third of a turn of twist to secure them, and the Buglins seem more prone to misthreading.