Anyone expecting marinas to open after Sundays announcement

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
The reports in yesterday's papers suggested outdoor sports such as angling or golf would reccomence in June.

However today's headlines tell a difference story

awol

Visit site
I doubt it very much. After yesterday's kite flying by the "Incredibles" was given short shrift by the adults of Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast I don't think there is going to be much more than a tightening of car use and being allowed out very locally twice a day for exercise. Boris will try to spin the "huge" efforts, "incredible" PPE procurement, "incredible" test numbers, etc. as a great success but the reality of his government's failure is becoming more and more obvious.

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
I'm not entirely sure of the rules in Scotland but in England we have never been stopped from going out more than once for exercise and there is no limitation on how far that might take you

steve yates

Visit site
I'm not entirely sure of the rules in Scotland but in England we have never been stopped from going out more than once for exercise and there is no limitation on how far that might take you
I dont think your right there. Fairly sure the instructions were only go outside for essential trips only, to get medicines and food, and for an hours exercise a day, near your home in the company of no more than two people??

Lucy52

Visit site
I doubt if much will change, maybe we will be allowed to check the safety of the vessel, the battery and sea cocks for example. That is if we are lucky.
We need boats to be aligned with light aircraft not caravans as they are different in kind and need similar attention to aircraft. Caravans don't sink or float off down the river.

CapPugwash

Visit site
I am not expecting any change in the position many marinas and boatyards have taken.

If they do I'd be delighted to get back to my rewiring, varnishing and waxing projects.

Vote for this...

Restart Sailing — Scottish Government Dialogue

I think if we get enough votes, things will move in the right direction. I'd be happy just to spend my time fixing up the old girl.

doug748

Visit site
Thanks for that jvf. It's worth nicking a quote from that document:

"Italian university Politecnico di Torino has collaborated with the Italian National Olympic Committee (CONI) to release a more-than-400 page report detailing its findings about which sports are safest in a coronavirus-plagued world and which are most dangerous............................

....................According to the study, sports that fall into the 0 category, with 'almost no possibility' of spreading the infection, are disciplines like sailing, open water swimming, golf, and tennis. "

CapPugwash

Visit site
Thanks for that jvf. It's worth nicking a quote from that document:

"Italian university Politecnico di Torino has collaborated with the Italian National Olympic Committee (CONI) to release a more-than-400 page report detailing its findings about which sports are safest in a coronavirus-plagued world and which are most dangerous............................

....................According to the study, sports that fall into the 0 category, with 'almost no possibility' of spreading the infection, are disciplines like sailing, open water swimming, golf, and tennis. "

Yes, this is why we should all vote for it. If we can get it on the review agenda there has to be some sort of movment,