Anyone Coming Out to Play at the Weekend?

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: I said, stay on the subject !

All, I know and plenty of others. Nothing to do with dom and his marketing campain. Is stick it in and it works. I'm not saying that you go miles further although I seem to be. That you just dont get a load of junk stuck to your aft end. All I know is I stuck it in in Guernsey and when I got to Plymouth my mechanic asked how i'd got rid of the smoke. So then he bought five bottles. It's no good going into scietific reports. Obvcious it aint going to work if enginge Fu*/*d. But it worked for me and my mechanic. Must admit Dom does go over the top. and over sell to the point of certtasterafy???

<hr width=100% size=1>
ship_in_a_bottle_e0.gif
Haydn

BrendanS

Visit site

Yep! Agree up to a point. The point comes when you have a 6000 litre tank. There is no physics on this planet that lets a litre or two of additive work on this volume. No amount of diffusion will let a litre or two get round a tank of this size over a small period of time. Hence tcm will report back that it doesn't work.

Other than getting Uri Geller in on the act, you cannot have a few litres of additive get into all the areas of a tank this big. Recirculate, or keep adding to tank over several fill ups. Only option.

Other option is to go out in force 6 and bounce around a lot. Would work well in my boat, mixed up in minutes. In your boat would work in a longer period as bigger boat and bigger tank. Would take a lot longer in tcm's.

Thing what would happen if you dumped some Soltron into an oil tanker. You think it would get round the tank as quick as if you put it into one of our rather smaller tanks. You don't need scientific training to work this one out!

tcm's is bigger, needs different regime

<hr width=100% size=1>

DepSol

Visit site
Dosing

I would handle it the same as I told Nick to do ie staged osing depending on how much you are planning on using the boat and how quick you want it running.

First step get a Microb Monitor2 Test Kit from BP International Limited and see how much contamination there is in your tank. You can do this by getting a syringe plunger for horses or cattle and attaching a length of tubing to it. Push the tubing into the tank and draw the syringe to collect some fuel. Place the fuel in the microbe monitor jars and see what the level of contamination is. If you are stuck I can provide you with the URL.

At the moment your contamination level is getting higher and higher as those little blighters in there willl be multiplying so by not doing something now you are causing more problems. If the contamination level is not that high then you are ok to proceed with dosing with Soltron. If the boat is not going to be used the I suggest stepped dosing to enable he softening of the microbes and sludge so that they do not all come flloding to the filter in one large surge. Then dose the tanks at 1 litre S to 5000 litres of Fuel and leave for that trip. If you stay more than 50 hours then before you leave again dose at the rate of 1 to 5000.

When you get back, a week later or whenever you next arrive at the boat immediately dose again at 1 to 10,000 leave for 5 hours then start her up. Take her for a quiet run and monitor any changes, colour od smoke and smoothness of engine. Go for a short run then come back and check filters etc to make sure no other crud is sticking to them. If all is ok carry on and give he boat a bit of a work out use up some fuel and then come back to port re-fuel and add Soltron again 1 to 5000. You must start burning off the crappy fuel. and rfilling your tanks with fresh fuel and Soltron.

The reason I think you are experiencing this is because you have a boat with large engines that produce heat in such an area it heats up the cavity around it, then when it cools suddenly you get condensation. This sits in your tank and with the smooth med temperatures starts to actiivate the Hydrocarbon Utilising Micro organisms in the fuel which then turn your fuel into sludge. Nitrates and phosphates present in your tank will keep them feeding and multplying.

You will always get a contamination problem unless you do something to prevent it, its not your fault, I doubt you picked up any rotten fuel, its just the design of your boat. Dont worry loads of boats have the same problem.

Bung any left over drips of soltron in the RIB or Jetski fuel for added fun.

Do this and I reckon you wil clear the crap with out any major dilmas. The fuel test is the key to start of with as this will show how much coontamination you have. If the contamination level is too great then get the diesel dumped.

Cant help you any more than that. What you do now is up to you but I wouldnt hang around.

<hr width=100% size=1>Dom

2003 is going to be a good year for me

DepSol

Visit site

Doesnt Matts boat rock on it s mooring, it must have motion in the water therefore the fluid must move. Left over a longer period of time it will circulate quite easily.

Enzymatic action will move quicker than chemical action and reaction rate is 100 times faster.

BrendanS

Visit site

Dom,

we're going to have to send you back to school. It doesn't matter how much more efficient an enzyme is than a 'chemical' in it's reaction speed. That is irrelevant

It still has to physically disperse throughout the tank!

Adding 1 litre of diluted sollie to a tank of this size means that it will have to disperse via diffusion and brownian movement. A little bit of boat rocking while moored is not going to have a huge effect.

If you see the effort people go to in labs to ensure enzymes or reactive chemicals are well mixed into small laboratory experiments, you'd have a better understanding that getting the enzyme spread through several thousand litres is not a light undertaking.

<hr width=100% size=1>

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Well this nerve gas stuff and whatever the Iraqies might throw about, would seem to be fairly effective at disipating through a good few cubic miles of air, and apparently still very effective. Even little flue bugs seem to get every where. Dont take long for dandilions to appear back in garden, even if none within sight. Not an expert. Just an observation.

<hr width=100% size=1>
ship_in_a_bottle_e0.gif
Haydn

DepSol

Visit site

As I have said before we have seen it move through static tanks with success.

Nicks boat was on the hard when his was first done with a single dose on a full tank two weeks later (approx) he did another single dose when the boat was launched (but not used) and he went from Bray to hythe with no fuel problems an no filter changes.

Its not a question of going back to school Brendan its a matter of learning from your experiences through life. There are lots of instances where the age old wise man knows more than the phd graduate.

As I said to you last night I can send you photo evidence of this happening in a glass jar.

BrendanS

Visit site

Scaleability - what happens in a glass jar doesn't happen when you scale several thousand fold. This is one of the reasons that cause so many issues when eg pharmaceutical companies scale from bench top to industrial processes. Nick's tank not on the same scale as tcm's so this is hardly conclusive evidence.

It's all standard stuff. If you want to carry on claiming things without hard evidence it's up to you, it's what caused a lot of the disbelief in the first place. There's plenty of text books on the subject of enzymatic activity in large volumes.

It's impossible to argue with someone when they take the 'witch doctor' approach to proof, so I'm backing out of this now,.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Observer

Visit site
Re: oh heck

Seems you're in a perfect position to test Depsol's claims (as far as bug treatment goes). Given Brendan's comments about dispersion problem, is it feasible to pump out into 45 gallon drums (is that the size of the big ones they cut up to make barbecues?) (2000 litres = 440 galls = 10 drums), pour in the Soltron then pump the fuel back in. Would the action of the fuel pouring back in be sufficient to mix the Soltron effectively?

<hr width=100% size=1>

DepSol

Visit site

Brendan

you are hardly being fair when I am trying to give you examples I can go on with other tanks that have had the same thing which are the same size. You are right it needs to stop now as you can t discuss a subject like this in this way.

All I am saying is that I have the evidence but dont want to display it on this BB. If someone wants to see it then that is fine, but I dont want to have to put it out on here.

You know what will happen if I did publish it on here everyone and their aunty would be picking up one line from here one line from there and adding there IMHO to it and it would get blown out of all proportion and Kim would kill me.

Lets not fall out over it, you have your scientific ways and I have seen things happen with my own eyes.

How about a compromise...

Matt you need to stir/circulate your fuel once Soltron is added
Brendan you need to test the product for yourself

fair ..?

DepSol

Visit site
Re: oh heck

More than enough.

How was dinner last night?

tcm

Visit site
Re: ok - conclusions

i haven't enough drums (or indeed, any) to pump it all out. But a man can do this. Alternatively i may set up a recirculating thing to clean the fuel mechancially, and then make up a concentrate of the unmentionable and bosh it in.

also, following discussions with B1, i shoud also short-circuit one of the filters - the first two duplicate each other i think - to make the system less susceptible to being clogged up.

cheers all

<hr width=100% size=1>

jfm

Visit site
emma can get drums in \'tibes

There'a place in antibes where you can rent clean new blue plastic 45 gall drums. Ask emma to sort it. Phil on unplugged had about 30 of em lashed to the coachroof for the atlantic crossing, to get enuf range to be sure to make antigua in time for the charter show - he didnae wanna rely on the wind. He definitely gottem in 'tibes.

<hr width=100% size=1>