anyone been to libs and was it worth it?????

Solitaire

Visit site
The only way to find out is go and make your own mind up. There will be those that will say it's a waste of time and those that say it's great and well worth a visit. There will more than likely be those against in the majority so you will really learn nothing.

Me? I just will be working there.! Why not come down for the last weekend and then you get another two shows for free!

LionsDen

www.bbiuk.com
thinking of paying a flying visit for something to do but its a fair trip is it worth the effort

If you have never been before then go and make up your own mind afterwards. Well worth the visit imho

Free Parking - Free Entrance Tickets - Free Champagne - Free Dinner - Free Hotel Accommodation - need I say more ;)

Oh and don't forget to take your cheque book with you then all of the above applies :D:D

We need to support these guys and not keep knocking them otherwise we will all be going to Dusseldorf next year - Which fyi is on my to do list :D

Last edited:

Solitaire

Visit site
David, can you please enlighten me as to 'two shows for free' :confused:

Thanks
There is a bike show and an Outdoor show starting on the Friday. They were actually quite good last year.

And for those that think they are a load of cold tea drinkers, several of them booked PB2 courses with me last year.

If you buy a ticket/s to the boat show you get to go to the other shows for "free".

dmmbruce

Visit site
If you have never been before then go and make up your own mind afterwards. Well worth the visit imho

Free Parking - Free Entrance Tickets - Free Champagne - Free Dinner - Free Hotel Accommodation - need I say more ;)

Oh and don't forget to take your cheque book with you then all of the above applies :D:D

We need to support these guys and not keep knocking them otherwise we will all be going to Dusseldorf next year - Which fyi is on my to do list :D

It would cost me less to go to Dusseldorf than to London.

It would probably be a lot nicer too.

:(

Mike

sharpness

Visit site
Same as you Lanerboy we've never been to LIBS before, but we're quite looking forward to it. I've enjoyed reading the other post regarding LIBS and the differing views, but for me although it's not on the door-step, i'm seeing it as a boat focused family day out and to top it off i need to buy some bits of kit, which i will be able to purchase / haggle for all under one roof. I guess I Should point out that even if i didn't need to buy anything, i would still be going as i personally feel it offers a good boating experience day out for the price of the entrance fee.

Question should be, when is the best weekend to visit (Unfortunately can't visit in the week), the first weekend or the last weekend ?

henryf

www.911virgin.com
There is a bike show and an Outdoor show starting on the Friday. They were actually quite good last year.

And for those that think they are a load of cold tea drinkers, several of them booked PB2 courses with me last year.

If you buy a ticket/s to the boat show you get to go to the other shows for "free".

To be fair the were some bloody freaks as well.

Pot bellied middle aged men in Lycra and funny cycling shoes, people with beards and scruffy shorts playing bike polo, swampy and his mates sitting around a bit of string between 2 poles and every now and again one of them would try to balance on it for half a second.

I felt very comfortable when I saw radars chart plotters and life jackets again :)

Henry :)

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site

Pot bellied middle aged men in Lycra and funny cycling shoes, people with beards and scruffy shorts playing bike polo, swampy and his mates sitting around a bit of string between 2 poles and every now and again one of them would try to balance on it for half a second.

I felt very comfortable when I saw radars chart plotters and life jackets again :)

Perhaps you need to spend the day on our stand ...

LionsDen

www.bbiuk.com
I was going to make the trip down from Scotland for this but cant now come. I have 2 "VIP" entrance tickets going to first person who replies.

Dont ask me what the "VIP" bit entitles you to

There you go lanerboy - 2 free tickets for you - but be quick ;)

Alternativelly I am sure that Sealine would give you a couple off tickets if you ask nicely and let them know you are in the market ;)

LionsDen

www.bbiuk.com

Henry glad to read your little gems as above which always makes me smile irrespective off the pressure off life I may have @ that time. Keep up the good work. I will try and get you some airtime on tv with the gang :D:D