anyone been to libs and was it worth it?????

LionsDen

www.bbiuk.com
Same as you Lanerboy we've never been to LIBS before, but we're quite looking forward to it. I've enjoyed reading the other post regarding LIBS and the differing views, but for me although it's not on the door-step, i'm seeing it as a boat focused family day out and to top it off i need to buy some bits of kit, which i will be able to purchase / haggle for all under one roof. I guess I Should point out that even if i didn't need to buy anything, i would still be going as i personally feel it offers a good boating experience day out for the price of the entrance fee.

Question should be, when is the best weekend to visit (Unfortunately can't visit in the week), the first weekend or the last weekend ?

If you want to look at boats imho go the first weekend as on the last weekend you will also have people turning up to look at bikes etc as henry pointed out before so will not possibly get good service imho from the exhibitors unless you know them and are serious in buying.

A few ropes etc will be going cheap on the closing day but apart from that not much else.
Also generally speaking on Sunday afternoon onwards all exhibitors will be generally looking to close up shop :(

WE will be going on the first saturday and on thursday as they have a late evening that day - always good to watch the lap dancers @ that time using the yachts main mast.... :D

What ever day you decide to go you will have a great day and will always get a free beer or two ;)

Have a great time.

neale

Visit site
It would cost me less to go to Dusseldorf than to London.

Really?

Travel to airport, parking at airport, cost of flights, travel from airport the other end to the show, tickets for the show.

Can that really be cheaper than fuel to get from home to london, car park, tickets for the show.

LionsDen

www.bbiuk.com
Really?

Travel to airport, parking at airport, cost of flights, travel from airport the other end to the show, tickets for the show.

Can that really be cheaper than fuel to get from home to london, car park, tickets for the show.

Must be using up his BA AirMiles with family dropping him off @ the airport and picking him up on his return plus of course using the free entry tickets from you guys ;)

Last edited:

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
Or you could drive, the last three days have been under an hour in rush hour each way from Twickenham.

However T5 is only a hop and a skip and drops my in to Dusseldorf in no time at all....;)