Another reason to own a sailing boat

Sixpence

Visit site
Looks a little bit like a , erm , mobo

shh , I didn't mean to say that in here /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have to admit I'm loosing patience with that lot , still waiting for replies to e mails , only seem to get in touch when they want more dosh

Whitelighter

Visit site
You say that, but the last boat I towed in was a saily boat. Some sort of little Westlerly. Anyway, was trying to get into Chichester. Engine had packed up and the sails were so efficient he was doing 1.5 knots backwards against the tide.

Good job our big stinky MOBO was on hand - and he was towed all the way to inchenor as well.

Mind you, if you want to see an elderly Westlerly trying to get on the plane I have the photos - reckon 9 knots was the fastest she had ever been!

B175Chris

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Mind you, if you want to see an elderly Westlerly trying to get on the plane I have the photos

[/ QUOTE ]

Go on then, if you wouldnt mind /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

By the way the lifeboat blog was interesting, just had a read through the stories, really nice idea /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

misterg

Visit site
I like the lifeboat sites, too. Seems odd that this is left up to the local stations. My regulars:

Rhyl (Select "Services" then "07" for current year for ILB / AWB - these guys get some REAL plonkers...)

Beaumaris (Have a read back over the last 12 months, or so before you go through the Swellies!)

Llandudno (need to sort their dates out - 2006 is actually 2007)

Holyhead (Select "Latest Rescue", and scroll aaallllll the way down. Some *very* pithy comments last year)

And if anyone from Moelfre is reading - GET YOUR WEB PAGE SORTED!!!

Reading these makes you realise that peeps in boats are the least of their worries - have a look at Rhyl for last summer.

Andy

runswick2000

lifeboatscrapbook.blogspot.com
Thanks for the positive comments on the blog. Didn't really mean to spark a power verus sail debate.....but it does give more options.

The RNLI does have it's own site of course, and that has a page for each station with lots of info. However, I like the fact that individual stations are free to create their own pages. Less corporate and more local in feel. Browse through them and you get a real feel for what each station is like.

[3889]

Visit site
Some interesting hyperbole in the reports. I know Holyhead marina isn't the most comfortable but I don't recall 70 foot waves there last October!