Andros

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I need to visit Andros and have been told that Batsi is safe reading my old Heikell it does not give me much info I have used Gavrion in the past and found it a very windy place.

Last edited:

Carmel2

Visit site
Went without a boat yonks ago it was windy the whole time, the beach was large pebbles, so I don't know if thats what the sea bed is like, rented a moped that wouldn't go up hill.

Just had a look in our Eagle Ray book and it doesn't say a lot about it, shelter from everything apart S winds, mud and weed.........

Last edited:

JFowler

Visit site
We spent several days on in Gavrion earlier this year both on the quay and at anchor. The quay was good for south winds and the anchorage good in the prevailing NE.
We cycled to Basti, which in the southerlies at the time was brilliant- the quay has been extended in recent years. There might be some surge in prolonged southerlies. In the prevailing it looked as if the wind will blow over the hills straight onto the quay, but, little fetch so no sea.
In May there was open water at both.

Last edited:

r_h

www.rupertholmes.co.uk
Anchored in Batsi overnight during a strong Meltemi in late October a few years back. I don't have to logbook to hand to check, but my memory is of good holding off the beach at the head of the bay and decent shelter from the gusts. Went on the quay for an hour or two the following morning, which was also fine from memory. It's certainly somewhere I'd happily go back to.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Anchored in Batsi overnight during a strong Meltemi in late October a few years back. I don't have to logbook to hand to check, but my memory is of good holding off the beach at the head of the bay and decent shelter from the gusts. Went on the quay for an hour or two the following morning, which was also fine from memory. It's certainly somewhere I'd happily go back to.

Thanks all for replying I am sitting next to a French yacht that just left there he had to go side to on the outside ....if she wasn't so pretty I would not go lol

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
We are alongside the inside of the new extended mole, quite comfortable in meltemi winds. Some larger yachts have been on the outside, a bit of swell but OK. Nobody has berthed stern-to inside but it doesn't look bad there. I believe that the water and electricity there has not been repaired since it was destroyed in a storm but the services on the extended mole are good.