A Williams Jet Rib Guide

Miura

Visit site
A friend just had an issue where the fuel line was collapsed. So I would check that the line is in good condition all the way to the engine.
Next there are lots of sensors and they cause issues when either the contacts are dirty or they are faulty
the main one seems to be the temperature sensor. There is also a map sensor. I would find all sensors and put the plug in and off several times and use contact cleaning spray. The sensors are cheap on eBay.
The other one people mention is old fuel. I have suspected this in the past but never had an issue with it.
When was it last running properly ??

The Rib ran fine the day before - thats why I am wondering about the issue. I will try sensor cleaning and plug checking.

When they run its a lot of fun - if not *argh*

NGM

Visit site
Hello,

maybe somebody has an advice as my 2007 Williams 325 (Weber) has a problem.

The throttle of the 325 doesnt work like it should - for me it seems the Rib doesnt get enough fuel.

Checked pre fuel filter, the tank is half full, fuel pump sounds properly and tank venting seems working.

It works on the slowest throttle but if you go on, it has the problem to "go forward".

I dont know if its in Limp Mode - there is nothing shown on the panel, no light or anything else.

Maybe someone has a clue ....

Check (listen) if the pump primes as you turn on the ignition. Can also check for pressure by disconnecting a pipe and watch the flow.
Check all the pips for splits especially the feed pipe into the tank itself. A bit more tricky but could also check spray from injectors.

NGM

Visit site
Check (listen) if the pump primes as you turn on the ignition. Can also check for pressure by disconnecting a pipe and watch the flow.
Check all the pips for splits especially the feed pipe into the tank itself. A bit more tricky but could also check spray from injectors.

Additionally whilst it may seem like a fuel issue it could be an obstruction, exhaust or water, that is telling the engine to cut out.

pjmmm

Visit site
I also have Williams Turbojet 385 2008 which I bought second hand this is my second season I use it only on fresh water and when I tried to use it recently it goes into limp mode.
I have a few question which I think the answers will be helpful to all
Can someone give me a list of the sensors together with there location which can put the rib into limp mode.
It is mentioned in several posts that the sensors are available on eBay can anyone supply details.
We have no authorized dealer in Ireland does any one know what jet ski also uses this model engine so we can get access to engine diagnoses.
Many thanks for a great source of quality info

pjmmm

jrudge

Visit site
https://weberpower.com/williams-285-325-385-bosch-etb-engine-management-system.html

they are standard parts.
I carry a few of the cheap ones

the engine will enter limp mode when what it is receiving does not make sense - engine coolant 500 degrees etc. I have no idea of the algorithm but I suspect almost any sensor could report rubbish and cause it to happen.

most jet skis used to use the same engine. There is now more choice - rotax etc

Impacked

Visit site
Hi,

I believe there is a couple of different engines on the 325s over the years. Weber 750, Weber 850 and Rotax 900. If you were going to buy one of these which one is the best to go for and why?

Thanks
Jon

Elessar

Visit site
Hi,

I believe there is a couple of different engines on the 325s over the years. Weber 750, Weber 850 and Rotax 900. If you were going to buy one of these which one is the best to go for and why?

Thanks
Jon
may be best to read the thread before asking a question on the end of it..........

Elessar

Visit site
I have, couldn't see an answer to my question. Perhaps you would like to enlighten me.
I've no idea.
But I do know that great trouble has been taken to explain the different engines in the RIB in the thread and you started with "i believe there is a couple of different engines".
That tells me you haven't read it.

Impacked

Visit site
Apologies everybody. This is a great and informative thread and I do not wish it to drift any more than it already has.

jrudge

Visit site
The 750 and 850 engines are basically the same. The 750 is no longer in production but there is no issue with parts availability. They were used worldwide in jet ski / snowmobiles etc. Williams have parts for next day dispatch.

The rotax is newer and I know nothing of it. Given it is newer I suppose that is the one to go for but as far as I know it is only in the new style ribs like the 345 which are £35k. You pays your money ...

GGiusep

Visit site
Hi everyone, wondering if anyone has experienced this... checked my 385 bilge just out of routine and noticed oil at the bottom of the bilge and an empty oil cylinder... seems like a puncture or hose leak. Any pointers? AD88B6A5-1274-4BF4-A62F-3EFFCB707FFF.jpeg

GGiusep

Visit site
thank
It is a dry dump so you need to follow the instructions to test oil level. Clearly you have a leak but it may not be out of oil
Thanks Jrudge. I’ll have another look. I did use a wet vac to suck out and residual water in the bilge last week. I have a feeling I have knocked a hose and caused the leak.

GGiusep

Visit site
It is a dry dump so you need to follow the instructions to test oil level. Clearly you have a leak but it may not be out of oil
Made the mistake of checking the oil on a cold engine! I checked it with a warm engine, turns out the oil is overfilled. I’m guessing this has contributed to oil being in the bilge. What do you suggest I do?

GGiusep

Visit site
Anyone got any tips on how to easily check for debris inside impeller outside of diving Or having to lie under the boat while it is hanging from a Davit? I’m assuming there isn’t... other than getting it out of the water onto a cradle or trailer (hassle when it is on the swim platform).

jrudge

Visit site
Anyone got any tips on how to easily check for debris inside impeller outside of diving Or having to lie under the boat while it is hanging from a Davit? I’m assuming there isn’t... other than getting it out of the water onto a cradle or trailer (hassle when it is on the swim platform).
As you say lift it off the platform, stick some fenders under it. Lower onto gender. Look.
If you have kids they can also reach in the jet outlet further than an adult. I pay my kids e10 a time to remove plastic bags as removing and replacing the jet unit takes 45 min. Removing it is your other option. You need 17mm deep sockets