A Williams Jet Rib Guide

Kingzig

Visit site
Anyone know how to reset the ECU to reset a warning light on the Weber 850 engine? Also any advice on getting the oil out? Not much oil in the reservoir and the manual says the put a basin under the oil return and crank the engine but there is no space!!

jrudge

Visit site
Anyone know how to reset the ECU to reset a warning light on the Weber 850 engine? Also any advice on getting the oil out? Not much oil in the reservoir and the manual says the put a basin under the oil return and crank the engine but there is no space!!
It is a dry sump. You need to turn the engine on for a second. Vacuum it out. Repeat repeat repeat until out

the light in my experience resets when the fault has gone. Turn battery off and see what happens.

TSO_Privat

Visit site
Turbo Jet 285 2007 Jet pump / stator corrosion crack
Hi again. I am swapping my 750 Weber with a 850. During the swap I see that the housing on the Solas stator, i think 140mm is cracked due to the pressure of the corrosion between the wear ring and the stator. My question is, shuold I upgrade to a larger pump unit or just repair ? Any experience

Thanks Thomas

TurboJet385

Visit site
Turbo Jet 285 2007 Jet pump / stator corrosion crack
Hi again. I am swapping my 750 Weber with a 850. During the swap I see that the housing on the Solas stator, i think 140mm is cracked due to the pressure of the corrosion between the wear ring and the stator. My question is, shuold I upgrade to a larger pump unit or just repair ? Any experience

Thanks Thomas

I certainly would. I replaced the solas pump on my 385 when I replaced the driveshaft and impeller. It was quite corroded and seized and it is much nicer working with new parts. There are a few jobs/ maintenance that require the removal of the pump and driveshaft. Having a new one makes it a lot cleaner and easier. This is also a great time to replace your large sacrificial anode on the pump and the other small sacrificial anode on the ride plate.

When removing and reinstalling the driveshaft make sure the small rubber bump stop is installed on both ends of the shaft or you will prematurely wear your driveshaft. The part is only a few dollars and will save you replacing your driveshaft sooner than normal.

TSO_Privat

Visit site
I certainly would. I replaced the solas pump on my 385 when I replaced the driveshaft and impeller. It was quite corroded and seized and it is much nicer working with new parts. There are a few jobs/ maintenance that require the removal of the pump and driveshaft. Having a new one makes it a lot cleaner and easier. This is also a great time to replace your large sacrificial anode on the pump and the other small sacrificial anode on the ride plate.

When removing and reinstalling the driveshaft make sure the small rubber bump stop is installed on both ends of the shaft or you will prematurely wear your driveshaft. The part is only a few dollars and will save you replacing your driveshaft sooner than normal.
Thanks a lot
Did you upgrade in any way or just replace. I am thinking in the way that the original 140mm Solas Pump could need a upgrade..

Iain A

Visit site
I bought a 2nd hand Turbojet325 in Turkey with Weber engine. Im not finding the Williams service here particularly helpful. Their advice ... buy a new boat! The rest of the boat is in very good condition and would love to know if anyone has done a Weber conversion? Or a service manual for the Weber will help?

Hooligan

Visit site
I bought a 2nd hand Turbojet325 in Turkey with Weber engine. Im not finding the Williams service here particularly helpful. Their advice ... buy a new boat! The rest of the boat is in very good condition and would love to know if anyone has done a Weber conversion? Or a service manual for the Weber will help?
I believe this engine is discontinued and further believe that parts are getting really difficult to obtain. Call Williams in the UK. They are very helpful and will direct you as needed.

jrudge

Visit site
Willams do or did have pretty much all weber parts in stock - the engine as you say is discontinued but very widely used in Jet Ski etc so I would expect parts to be available for some considerable time yet - other than the bit you want of course!

Persue Jr

Visit site
Hello!
just wanted report on an issue we had and how we fixed it. When we took our 2012 Williams 285 Turbo Jet out for the summer, the engine ran poory (max 1500 rpm) and stopped after 5-20 sec. after changing plugs, filters, the fuel regulator and pump. We solved it by changing the air pressure sensor I’ll attach a photo of it. So you may try that first.

Another smaller issue is that the engine doesn’t go above 6000 rpm and has lost the top end power. I think the Weber 750 non turbo has a max rpm of around 6000 and the Turbo version has a max of 7300. I believe it is a turbo issue and the Weber guys believe it is the pressure sensors fault and they instructed me to try to replace it again. I’ll come back to you for a update when I get it.

Have a great summer ☀️
2577D31A-9F60-4B20-B26E-25F8B7B9BA64.jpegF5CB977D-6E5C-4E2E-9977-8B5D364870D2.jpeg

Jonsnow

Visit site
Thank you for your quick reply.
Just contacted the seller and he says that the boat just came from (winter) storage at the dealer that also gave maintenance. He took it only for 1 ride till now.
Hi, Im having a similar issue with a turbo jet 385 I have recently acquired. I have a white scum prevalent on the top of the dip stick although the oil itself looks good. Im trying to diagnose the issue, head gasket seems a likely culprit but it could be several other possibilities. Did you follow up on this issue?

Cheers in advance

Jonsnow

Visit site
Hi, Im having a similar issue with a turbo jet 385 I have recently acquired. I have a white scum prevalent on the top of the dip stick although the oil itself looks good. Im trying to diagnose the issue, head gasket seems a likely culprit but it could be several other possibilities. Did you follow up on this issue?

Cheers in advance
I've pressure tested the coolant side to 15 psi and it holds nicely.

Jonsnow

Visit site
I've pressure tested the coolant side to 15psi and its holding perfectly so I'm fairly happy with that side ie coolant pump seal, head gasket, oil cooler. How else can water get into the system? Has anyone had an issue with the oil tank itself? I see the raw water runs right through it (is that further cooling?), I'll pressure test the raw water side next but thought I'd put it to the group first as I'd like to diagnose the issue correctly first if possible.

Cheers

julians

Visit site
I've pressure tested the coolant side to 15psi and its holding perfectly so I'm fairly happy with that side ie coolant pump seal, head gasket, oil cooler. How else can water get into the system? Has anyone had an issue with the oil tank itself? I see the raw water runs right through it (is that further cooling?), I'll pressure test the raw water side next but thought I'd put it to the group first as I'd like to diagnose the issue correctly first if possible.

Cheers
Could it just be condensation forming from moisture in the atmosphere? I know car engine that don't get much use can end up looking like this.

It might not be an actual problem, just use the engine more and ensure the oil gets nic eand hot (over 100c) to boil off any water.

What causes moisture in engine oil?...

Jonsnow

Visit site
Could it just be condensation forming from moisture in the atmosphere? I know car engine that don't get much use can end up looking like this.

It might not be an actual problem, just use the engine more and ensure the oil gets nic eand hot (over 100c) to boil off any water.

What causes moisture in engine oil?...
Thanks for the link and you are correct of course. I have not had the boat long and it does live outside so this could be completely normal and just a case of condensation. If it's not however I could be damaging the engine by running it hence going to a little extra effort to work out what is indeed happening. I have changed the oil recently and taken it out for a good run about 4 times now and the white goo keeps coming back, in fact with the engine running (and engine hot) and oil dip stick out there is a lot of mist/ steam. I have no experience with these dry sump engines so again this could be normal but to my semi trained eye it does seem quite excessive. Thanks for the reply, this is a great thread with all the combined experiences. Has anyone else come across this or a similar issue??

markus_germany

Visit site
Exhaust Manifold - Sea Water Leak

This was expensive!

We own a Turbojet 285 with a Textron MPE 850 engine.
The Exhaust Manifold needs replacement but it is since months not available, and still no delivery date. Shall we dispose the boat and buy a new one? One dealer offered a new Turbojet285 instead of the Manifold :) We will just by a normal tender but for sure no Williams again!

simon

Visit site
The Exhaust Manifold needs replacement but it is since months not available, and still no delivery date. Shall we dispose the boat and buy a new one? One dealer offered a new Turbojet285 instead of the Manifold :) We will just by a normal tender but for sure no Williams again!
Exactly the same here on a 325, agreed never agin!

vas

Visit site
I'm offering 2k for your dead Turbojet :p
serious, cannot you get a custom exhaust fabricated or existing one repaired? How does it look like?

V.

Last edited: