A Williams Jet Rib Guide

simon

Visit site
Strange that the manifold is not available. Have you called Williams directly ?
I was going on what the dealer had told me, but contacted Williams today and they couldn't have been more helpful. They have new and reconditioned units available ....... need to return the old first. Sorry Williams.

Reactions: vas

vas

Visit site
I was going on what the dealer had told me, but contacted Williams today and they couldn't have been more helpful. They have new and reconditioned units available ....... need to return the old first. Sorry Williams.
result!
so what would be the train of thought behind the "there's no spares" of the dealer? trying to push a new williams and get a bargain on the process or what?

jrudge

Visit site
So my willaims 325 2014 with the 850 engine was down on power.

Max 5500 rpm. Checked turbo span fine - it did - changed map sensors ( I had them so why not ) but no result.

Called williams. They diagnosed a faulty lamda sensor which was replaced at a total cost including call out of e370. Ouch.

the engineer did say it may not help as the turbo did not seem to be working so they would need to take it away to the workshop for 5 days. The bill would have been huge.

Suspected a leaking manifold ( had it before on 750 version ) salting the turbo. Asked Williams service manager in the U.K. for a price on parts ( manifold not availalable ) but he did say the catalytic converter can clog up.

took rib out of water as believed that was an engine out job. Wrong. You can remove with engine in the boat. Catalyst clogged solid with gloop that I suspectwas carbon / salt / salt water overthe years. Removed it. Bashed out the inside. Reinstalled with new gaskets. All back to normal.

thanks to boats.co.U.K for a loan rib and use of their trailer and yard !

for once a simple repair and son back wakeboarding

vas

Visit site
took rib out of water as believed that was an engine out job. Wrong. You can remove with engine in the boat. Catalyst clogged solid with gloop that I suspectwas carbon / salt / salt water overthe years. Removed it. Bashed out the inside. Reinstalled with new gaskets. All back to normal.

so how many ponies have you now gained J?
that's stage one of petrolhead tuning. Next you should go for larger injectors and a remap :LOL:

on a serious note, how far is the catalyst from the mixing elbow?

V.

jrudge

Visit site
so how many ponies have you now gained J?
that's stage one of petrolhead tuning. Next you should go for larger injectors and a remap :LOL:

on a serious note, how far is the catalyst from the mixing elbow?

V.

right next to it !

a new catalayst is usd999 ( more in eu I assume ) and ecu sees no faults ( the second lamda is disabled as standard ) so the best thing is it to be gone.

vas

Visit site
right next to it !

a new catalayst is usd999 ( more in eu I assume ) and ecu sees no faults ( the second lamda is disabled as standard ) so the best thing is it to be gone.
tbh, in the crammed space of a jet rib engine room/bay it was silly of me asking how far was cat to mixing elbow...

TonyR123

Visit site
Alas my repair is not so cheap (minijet). Last time out I took it out and once I opened the throttle it went back to idle after 5 seconds. Got it back and noticed water in engine bay. Also noticed a large gash in the hull, which can only be from putting the tender in the tender garage. Initial thought was drive shaft seal, took it back to williams mallorca and they need to remove the engine to repair the gash as needs repairing from both sides. Total cost €3800! :(

oh well.

Hooligan

Visit site
Alas my repair is not so cheap (minijet). Last time out I took it out and once I opened the throttle it went back to idle after 5 seconds. Got it back and noticed water in engine bay. Also noticed a large gash in the hull, which can only be from putting the tender in the tender garage. Initial thought was drive shaft seal, took it back to williams mallorca and they need to remove the engine to repair the gash as needs repairing from both sides. Total cost €3800! :(

oh well.
Gulp! I have taken to taking my Williams out of the water every pm if on anchor and also flushing the engine each time.

TonyR123

Visit site
I wash mine through at the end of very day of use. Always in a tender garage. Have it winterised and also service before summer use every year. The Williams must have slammed against the wheels/frame that gets the boat in/out of the water. One of those things. Apart from that has been faultless apart from a flat battery.

Impacked

Visit site
Hi All, We have the dreaded Manifold failure on a 325 with the 750 engine which Williams are saying is obsolete. Are there any options with this that anyone knows of?

JaDuval

Visit site
Hi everyone I am new to this forum. I’ve read every post and feel you all could be very helpful I am the owner of a 2006 Williams 285 beautifully engineered but has the Weber 750 engine which as we all know it’s getting very hard to maintain due to lack of parts I have a problem where when I try to start the engine it turns fine but just won’t fire and then suddenly it will fire I can warm the engine up turn it off and won’t fire again I have found however if I turn the isolator switch off and on again with the engine warm it fires up straight away did it five times in a row left it for two or three hours tried again and it wouldn’t start but did start after Many attempts compression is fine I’ve got a feeling it’s an electrical issue but could be wrong anyone got any ideas thanks Jonathan

simon

Visit site
Hi All, We have the dreaded Manifold failure on a 325 with the 750 engine which Williams are saying is obsolete. Are there any options with this that anyone knows of?
Have you contacted the factory. I got one in March and they had a number of new and reconditioned in stock?

Impacked

Visit site
Have you contacted the factory. I got one in March and they had a number of new and reconditioned in stock?
Yes both in UK and Mallorca. Both have said they are unobtainable. I even tried Weber Power in America and they do not have either.