Small twenty foot ish all weather sailing boats any names?

Wansworth

Visit site
Looking at,dreaming about bounding across the sea in safe seaworthy and weatherly small sailing boat,any names to conjour with?

Last edited:

NealB

Visit site
There're so many!

We need to know lots more.

eg what sort of seas, in what sort of weather, you are planning to cross?
where will she be kept (drying mooring, maybe)?
do you have any preference for any particular style or characteristics?
do you have a fixed budget?

johnalison

Visit site
Most of those that I thought of appear in #2. I could add Westerly Cirrus, or Pandora for something faster but small.

NealB

Visit site
Well there's a Havsfidra (Swedish 20' double ender) in Milford Marina now, having just sailed singlehanded from the Azores through Storm Ellen! Is that seaworthy enough for you?

I sail a Parker 21 and it gets me to SW Ireland and the Isles of Scilly from Wales. A lovely boat!

Two very fine looking ships there!

Zagato

Visit site
Got to add a Marieholm International Folkboat. ;)

Designed as a one design racer/cruiser by Tord Sunden who created the original Folkboat and wanted to improve on it. 4000 sold, can still be bought new today and it seems to be regarded as the most beautiful small GRP yacht made going by past reviews. 58% displacement ratio, good in light airs as it can afford a tall mast for its size, been sailed across the worlds oceans since 1967, 7-9K for a decent one, although there are a couple up at 25K that have had significant work, new they start at 60K.

Last edited:

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
Flying Fifteen. Run rings round any of the other suggestions.

There's a Flying Fifteen mouldering away in the front garden of a house en-route to Jane's work. It hasn't moved in fifteen years to my certain knowledge

Oh the temptation to knock on the door and attempt to acquire it! But when temptation strikes i hit myself over the head with a blunt object until common sense returns