Idiot jet skis Southampton water

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I have had the popcorn ready all night waiting for a reply, I was going to but thought it better to wait. Classic BP's trolling for an argument! ? ? ? ? ? ???‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Oh look another poster who interprets people with different views from them as trolling

Blue Sunray

Visit site
And of course responsibly is subjective. I think Yachties sailing around zig zagging all over the place (I think they call it tacking) when they have a perfectly good engine they could use and go in a straight line is being irresponsible.

Tacking of course was used when boats did not have engines and had no other option.... Now there is another option some still like to tack all over the place and expect others to avoid them. Must be some sort of regression thing

So as I said Responsibly is subjective

(y)

qv:

Tacking under sail out of Chichester

The term 'Troll' seems to be being used above (and increasingly on these fora) in the sense of "Someone with whom I disagree".

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
I much preferred my Leander steam to T22 gas turbine days. I don't know about the physics but we slowed enough not to hit it, allow it to restart its outboard and move on. And yes we'd have been doing 10knots or thereabouts, 28 would probably have put us into the speeding category and a telling off from QHM.
At 28 knots, the wheel over to port as you went past Devils point and then to starboard after passing Drakes Island would have been interesting.

Cathy*

Visit site
We had a worrying near miss with a rhib yesterday. About 40 metres from the Prince consort buoy, which was our waypoint, the rhib which had been floating way off to our port suddenly turned and came at speed towards the same buoy and stopped. Then started darting in and out in an unpredictable way. We sounded our horn with no acknowledgement. So hard astern and keeping the horn on eventually one of those on board saw us grabbed the helm and blasted out of the way. She had the grace to wave sorry then we realised she was instructing. Not one person on that boat was keeping any kind of look out.

Never Grumble

Visit site
As they say in the Hunt for Red October, " possible but not recommended!"
at 28 knots it would have been interesting .... if nothing else think of the wash ...

We sounded our horn with no acknowledgement. So hard astern and keeping the horn on eventually one of those on board saw us grabbed the helm and blasted out of the way.
Five short blasts I presume.

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
at 28 knots it would have been interesting .... if nothing else think of the wash ...

Five short blasts I presume.
Five short blasts and then 'here I come sounding one loooooong blast.' *Four to six seconds' is quite a long time if your sound signal is LOUD and I'm sure nobody's going to complain if you stretch the six seconds...