Yanmar 4jh with folding prop

David 01

Visit site
Hi, anybody with any information would be great
I have a yanmar 4jh with kbw20 gearbox and I was wondering if anybody is running a folding prop with the same set up?
I am looking to move to a folding prop from my max prop so wondering if the gearing set up is OK with a folder.

Thanks.

Tranona

Visit site
a folding prop, just like any other prop is made to suit your boat and engine/reduction gear. Just provide the vital statistics to the supplier and they will build to the appropriate diameter and pitch. suggest you talk to Darglow Engineering about a Flexofold or maybe even replace the Maxprop with a Featherstream. The latter is perhaps more appropriate to a cruising boat and comparable prices to a 3 blade folder.

Robih

Boat - West Scotland, Home - Tamar, Devon
Visit site
Hi, anybody with any information would be great
I have a yanmar 4jh with kbw20 gearbox and I was wondering if anybody is running a folding prop with the same set up?
I am looking to move to a folding prop from my max prop so wondering if the gearing set up is OK with a folder.

Thanks.
Hi David,

I have a Malo 43 with the following:

Yanmar 4JH4TE (75HP@3200RPM)

KM4A2 @ 2.63:1 (forward and reverse)

ISO35 Taper

I am in the process of removing the three blade Flexofold to replace with a four blade Featherstream. I would second the advice to contact Darglow, the technical guy there, Nick, is very helpful.

Rob

mrangry

Visit site
I have a 4jh2e and purchased a featherstream from Darglow and found their service to be excellent, although expensive