Yanmar 1GM10 injector

davey

Visit site
Yanmar 1GM10 Stuck Injector

Hi. I have a Yanmar 1GM10 that won't start. It used to start very well and is still turning over as normal, but it will not fire up. We have bleed the fuel system, but with no result. The injector is squirting out fuel, but not not very much (just little bursts of fuel), and it has been suggested that the injector needs servicing (I don't know the exact age of the engine, and if/when the injector was last serviced). We have removed the clamping plate, but the injector is stuck fast. Can anyone please tell me whether it should screw or simply pull out? Is a special tool required? TIA.

The injector is supposed to pull out but in actual fact it rusts itself in very very tight! All is not lost as if one removes the leak-off banjo union from the top of the injector an M8 thread will be revealed. Screw in some M8 studding (preferably high tensile) and you will be in with a chance. One method is to use a slide hammer. The other method is to reverse the injector clamping plate and use nuts and washers to cobble-up a puller. If the injector is very tight it may be better idea to make up a proper tool that applies its pressure to the cylinder head. As a last resort one could make something up with a stud that can be heated. Heat the stud, tighten the nut as much as possible then see what happens when the stud cools. I would guess that in bad cases about a ton or more of force will be needed. Tapping the injector with a copper hammer whilst the tension is on may help. Good luck!

Other threads that may be of interest