Yacht surveyor -Portsmouth area

cookjwm

Visit site
Suggestions please forumites. I need a survey on my new boat -Dufour 34 , 2005, located Hayling. Anyone got suggestions/comments on a good one for a pre purchase condition report based reasonably local. I'm on the east coast so no local knowledge to help! Thanks!

Duffer

Visit site
Excellent choice! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Assuming 1 careful private owner I'm sure the survey will be a mere formality and I wish you all the very best for the future!

Daedelus

Visit site
We used Tony Staton-Bevan and were very happy with him.

We had a problem some years later (a local yard alleged the boat hull was damp and were keen to undertake osmosis remedial work) and he came along and re-checked everything on the boat for us and reassured us - all for free. Some 2 surveys (for the purchaser) with other surveyors later it also came out as particularly dry, so I think the yard were trying it on.

Tony said that his service didn't end with the survey and he was willing to be phoned and discuss the survey report with us. He saved us a great deal of money and worry.

Seven Spades

Visit site
I tried to use Jim Prichard, but he was booked up for about 3-4 weeks so had to go elsewhere and I was not very happy with the chap I used (I am not going to name him).