With regret I have to inform you.....

FullCircle

Visit site
..that I drank the last bottle of Brigand, Bier Belge just 10 minutes ago.. a source of misery for the next 4 weeks.
Still, look on the bright side, only 4 weeks to go before I can restock for the year. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Do you want me to bring some?
Not crates & crates & crates like Sailorman; /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif but could bring enough to tie you over.

Sailing Ostend Saturday 29/04 - 10H00 (local).

PS: haven't really forgiven Sailorman the "Burnham Clicque" remark /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
...aaagh, a kind offer, but one which brings on a dichotomy.

Do I:

a) graciously accept a small quantity of the proffered gift, and thus have slaked my thirst or longing when I arrive in Ostend?
Of course, accepting the gift would pleasure the offerer, and conjoin our acquaintance more strongly, and make welcome to their new boat home.

or

b) politely defer the offer until it can be collected at point of sale in Ostend. This will make sweet the longing and increase my anticipation of contentment on arrival. It may have a deleterious effect on the humour of the offerer, who may conclude that I wish to spurn hospitality and not welcome them to their new home.

Of course, mitigant to my decision (the Guzzle Puzzle) is the prior offer of a goblet full (or two) of Veuve Cliquot on Sunday next at the new mooring. Wouldn't want to see that opportunity slip away.

A little guidance from the players?

sailorman

Visit site
Who said it woz a "Gift" /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Beware strangers bearing gifts /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
all sounds a bit clikkie to me /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
><<<<<<all sounds a bit clikkie to me >>>>>

He's not gonna be best pleased wiv you Chum! clikkie? Coo.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Brigand <-> Duvel

Brigitte could not find any Brigand, but bought a couple of 75cl Duvel bottles.
She did not know it was for you, but assumed it was for me.
I am well known for my impeccable taste in Belgian beer - credentials upon application.

At least one of those bottles has your name on it.
Due to some minor technical difficulties (ahem, I hope) they await your collection next week in Burnham.