Wish me luck 2 - of to view 38ft boat in Sweden

Refueler

Visit site
Yep - glutton for punishment .....

Have had extensive discussions with seller .... and numerous photos ...

He's been extremely open about 'accidents' he's had with the boat ... insurance claims to repair etc.

Price reflects the old electronics on board and the tired sails. Its low enough leaving me a good margin to replace sails over time ... electronics - I have so that's not a big deal.

The displays above the hatch in the garage - he says are all good - but there's a connection at masthead that needs sorting .... I intend to lower mast anyway if I buy - to check out and fix whatever.

Unlike the Mamba - this one can be classed for 'Ocean Racing' having CSF of 1.77 .... and a fast hull.

Again - I'll not name the boat before ...

Refueler

Visit site
The displays above the hatch in the garage - he says are all good - but there's a connection at masthead that needs sorting .... I intend to lower mast anyway if I buy - to check out and fix whatever.

The other way of course costing me about same as a mast lift (its keel stepped) and 17m ...... could be alongside harbour wall and a chair lift from local rental company I'm friendly with.

Tranona

Visit site
Waiting on information from gestoria here in Spain about problems buying a yacht in the UK
You are probably wasting your time. The costs of getting the boat to Spain will probably be as much as buying the boat. Then VAT on cost plus shipping. Then although the EU still has the pre 1997 exemption from the RCD you may well find you cannot register it in Spain because you do not have a CE mark.

Refueler

Visit site
You are probably wasting your time. The costs of getting the boat to Spain will probably be as much as buying the boat. Then VAT on cost plus shipping. Then although the EU still has the pre 1997 exemption from the RCD you may well find you cannot register it in Spain because you do not have a CE mark.

EU is a mishmash of rules and bent regs ..... there are many ways to get around what you post ... but I will not elaborate on this forum for obvious reasons... as it uses EU's own rule bending !!

Wansworth

Visit site
Yes still no harm in knowing,other possibilities are obviously other Eucountries,France ….

Refueler

Visit site
OK ... got over there and within seconds - I knew this was my boat.

Conqubin 38
1986 - Swedish built about 270 of them in the 80's as racers with cruising in mind.
11.4m long, 3m wide, 1.85m swept back hydrodynamic fin keel.

Long story short ... price was right ... boat was ready to go ... seller and I agreed ... 13 July .... 15 July she had sailed across Baltic and berthed in my towns yacht club alongside my existing smaller motor sailer ...

Sibe9rZl.jpg

This is one of the channels to get to the boat - also that we actually brought her out through !!

20984z4l.jpg

Video shots on delivery ...

Happy new owner .... me !!

53m3DQ3l.jpg

Not my fav item ... but came with Garmin 9 UHD 70 MFD ...

9fmJVNGl.jpg

Two 'Sashas' .....

ldU9G5ml.jpg

Exiting Nynashamn .... as its unknown boat waited till open water before unleashing the sails ...

55epW9Ul.jpg

Wind F4, heavy swell, 35 - 40deg stbd bow ... we unrolled standard no 1 genny .... she took of like a rocket ..... due to the swell rolling us about so much - we decided to leave main till later ,,,, 12hrs later we had average 6.4kts in those conditions with just genny.

Here she is 29hrs later in Home Town Marina on next pontoon from my other boat ..... (sad story about Superanne - see other thread....)

Now its shake down trials ... get her sorted and maybe enter a few regatta's .....

johnalison

Visit site
Lovely looking boat, but (thread drift) How do you get aboard there? I have never seen such narrow "finger pontoons" Do you need to be well practised in tightrope walking?
Normally over the bow. This type of finger is quite common in the Baltic and is efficient in use of space, The lack of tides means that over-the-bow moorings don't have to be elaborate floating structures. Occasionally moorings are alternately narrow and normal fingers.