Wish me luck 2 - of to view 38ft boat in Sweden

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Join the club !

But in fact I can understand that a log would be effected by tack more than a sounder ..... sounders have a decent angle / cone of signal ... but a log relies on clean water flow over it ...

We have the possibility that the blue box is doing the switching .... it explains the orientation marks on it ...
If irc the Stowe Dataline system had the possibility of that feature. Not sure if it was part of the system or a 3rd party switch. It was in a boat I bought quite a long time ago and eventually gave up on the Stowe system which was good but beginning to fail.

Refueler

Visit site
I have even looked online at B&G gear and cannot find my 'ducers' ... and cannot find plug pictures ....

My speed display gives me Temp .. so 'ducer' works - but not speed. Its a combo of speed and temp.

B&G show various with S+T ... but nothing like mine ... I can only assume they are old versions no longer current ..... will search for old legacy stuff.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
I have even looked online at B&G gear and cannot find my 'ducers' ... and cannot find plug pictures ....

My speed display gives me Temp .. so 'ducer' works - but not speed. Its a combo of speed and temp.

B&G show various with S+T ... but nothing like mine ... I can only assume they are old versions no longer current ..... will search for old legacy stuff.
Have you checked the magnets are in place on the paddle wheel, it's the most common reason for a failure in what is a very simple transducer. The pulses get converted to speed in the instrument head or central black box.

Refueler

Visit site
Have you checked the magnets are in place on the paddle wheel, it's the most common reason for a failure in what is a very simple transducer. The pulses get converted to speed in the instrument head or central black box.

Appreciate the reply - but well known and checked ... reason for no speed is known IF these are the speed logs for my B&G Network ....

0DhdIPHl.jpg

Not much chance of impellors spinning there !!

penfold

Visit site
But lets consider this ... have you ever pulled a 'ducer' while afloat ? When you unscrewed the 'ring' - did the 'ducer' come out due to water pressure ? Even when clean and new ? I have always had to pull them out physically.

If I ever had to use while afloat - it would only be when boat is not in a seaway ... quiet alongside.

I also question why manufacturer considered such OK .. instead of screw caps ?
Always had to tug the things due to the O ring friction, but still; it falls into the category of "Just because you can doesn't mean you should".

Refueler

Visit site
Always had to tug the things due to the O ring friction, but still; it falls into the category of "Just because you can doesn't mean you should".

Think you missed my point ..... I agree that it is not best idea to not have a screw cap or ring .... but was just illustrating that in calm / alongside conditions - its feasible to use.
I would not like to trust it in a seaway with boat pitching / rolling etc....