Why is the Change to Daylight Saving Time Offset?

laika

Visit site
there is a lag in the weather warming up so you are more inclined to be enjoying the great outdoors in late autumn than early spring. F'rinstance , here the summer solstice is late December, hottest month is typically February.

While I doubt daylight saving transitions were chosen to please to picnicking demographic it does benefit us. Average London temperatures in November are about the same as March and October is slightly warmer on average than April. For us sailors it’s even better. Sea water is warmest in September and November is slightly warmer than June. I’ve frequently swum off the boat in October, though only once in November. And of course less of that pesky fog to deal with.

mjcoon

www.mjcoon.plus.com
,,, there is a lag in the weather warming up so you are more inclined to be enjoying the great outdoors in late autumn than early spring. F'rinstance , here the summer solstice is late December, hottest month is typically February.
Any mathematician recognises that the roughly sinusoidally varying daily heat input through the year in temperate regions is integrated to give the resulting temperature. And an integrated sine wave is a cosine wave, or a sine wave out of phase. (Vice versa, too, just to be symmetrical...)

MisterBaxter

Visit site
Personally I think we should just get rid of all time zones and all daylight saving arrangements, and just run the whole world on one common time. Then each business or institution could just say, we open from 17.00 to 01.00, or from 11.30 to 18.00 in summer and 12.30 to 19.00 in winter, or whatever the hell they liked. Businesses all open at different times these days anyway, as do schools.

westernman

www.devalk.nl
Personally I think we should just get rid of all time zones and all daylight saving arrangements, and just run the whole world on one common time. Then each business or institution could just say, we open from 17.00 to 01.00, or from 11.30 to 18.00 in summer and 12.30 to 19.00 in winter, or whatever the hell they liked. Businesses all open at different times these days anyway, as do schools.
You mean something like a Coordinated Universal Time?
We could even abbreviate it UTC.