Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
And the Embankment at Putney.

50976439.jpg

44278846.jpg

savageseadog

Visit site
With regard to insurance claims, it could be considered gross negligence and the insurance company might refuse to pay I would have thought.

Last edited:

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
The notices at Lindisfarne are absolutely everywhere. You can't miss 'em, and they are very clear. Many include pictures of people standing on the roof of flooded cars. They even sell postcards of people stranded.

Even if you have never heard of tides before in your life, it would be hard to get it wrong unless you wilfully ignored the signs, your watch had stopped AND you ignored the physical presence of the rising water. :rolleyes:

Kilter

Visit site
The notices at Lindisfarne are absolutely everywhere. You can't miss 'em, and they are very clear. Many include pictures of people standing on the roof of flooded cars. They even sell postcards of people stranded.

Even if you have never heard of tides before in your life, it would be hard to get it wrong unless you wilfully ignored the signs, your watch had stopped AND you ignored the physical presence of the rising water. :rolleyes:

Absolutely in which case

With regard to insurance claims, it could be considered gross negligence and the insurance company might refuse to pay I would have thought.

Should be a must!

Holy Island and Seahouses coastguards have made plenty of recent references to causeway calamities on their fb sites

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
ahh, But if it happened to me I would claim that I had broken down. In fact, I might even call a rescue company & grumble that they had arrived too late! :D

It would be hard to prove that there wasn't a fault with the engine CPU after a few hours in sea water wouldn't it? I wonder if people daft enough to get caught would be crafty enough to think that thro?

I suspect that they might, cos I think they are more likely to be thinking "ohh, It will be alright, it will only take us a minute to get across." and "It's OK, it won't be that deep" or "Relax, tides take 6 hours to go in or out" rather than "What's all this nonsense about tides?"

Kawasaki

Visit site
Bloody hell James! :eek: Dunno where you got that! I'm not sure that the thing on the right is even human!

As for Berwick, tales of it being at war with Russia are largely apocryphal!

'apocryphal' :confused:
Kilter keep the lingo simps fer us NW Mob please
Obviously the svelt nautical 'lady' on the starboard side (yes stbd, think about the direction of bouyage) is obviously of North Wales heritage.
Booze in one hand fags in tother:D

Kawasaki

Visit site
Thats a bit steep
Challenging your authorship and or authenticity
Hypocritical one might say
One might say other things but one might get banned
Innit!

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
I think the problem is that there are too many pointless rules and regulations that can be broken without consequence.

Stupid people simply can't differentiate. They should be charged for the environmental cleanup too!!

.... by the way we used to have to put labels on our car batteries for the U.S. market warning people not to drink the contents.