When trailering ???

Bouba

Visit site
This is like a scene from Deliverance, where we’ve wandered into a place with funny accents. What are Bruce and Wayne talking about ?‍♂️??‍♂️?

BruceK

Visit site
This is like a scene from Deliverance, where we’ve wandered into a place with funny accents. What are Bruce and Wayne talking about ?‍♂️??‍♂️?

He's chosen a mooring that is subject to the prevailing wind and gets a nasty little chop going that would have seasoned Filipino deckhand begging for mercy. He's been there on a good day and was taken in by the picture postcard settings. I warned him but you know, newbies have to learn the hard way to get their salty ticket.

CLB

Visit site
Now ok , I will lift the legs and strap them up with the NEW 5000kg sreaps I got and also fit the pair of Duckbacks I have.
Now the trailer is this 3500kg and weighs 680kg. So carries 2820kg. More than the boat weighs.
In original brochure with single VP it weighs
1900kg.from factory so dry weight.
A chap that has same boat as me weighed his and it came in at 2200kg.

So well under the trailer load.

I will be further more be removing the canopy and frame and all inside I can. Dry tanks nothing else loose inside.

Captain Faffer.

Good luck with it, and i'm sure you will be fine, but I wouldn't want to bet on those quoted weights. For your own peace of mind, could you not swing by a public weigh-bridge somewhere enroute?

waynes world

Visit site
Good luck with it, and i'm sure you will be fine, but I wouldn't want to bet on those quoted weights. For your own peace of mind, could you not swing by a public weigh-bridge somewhere enroute?

I thought of that the other day to find. out as was curious. but the nearest weigh bridge is over an hour in wrong direction.

Lower Limit 1909

Visit site
Looks like the 'gross weight' debate has finished (assuming the tow vehicle is up to it). I'd really want to check the 'nose weight'. +/- 100Kg on the gross weight at this end of the towing scale is more of a legal difference than a practical towing one but +/- 10Kg on the nose weight can have far more impact on the practical towing safety.

Every decision you make about towing and what to risk is a decision you take not on your own behalf, but one you take on behalf of the family that you don't know (yet) who are travelling in the opposite direction.

waynes world

Visit site
Could you not keep it on a trailer and get a yard to launch it when you are down.

You lost me there kida, its on a trailer. Why get somebody else to launch it for me. Or do you mean keep it on a yard trailer ?

Looks like the 'gross weight' debate has finished (assuming the tow vehicle is up to it). I'd really want to check the 'nose weight'. +/- 100Kg on the gross weight at this end of the towing scale is more of a legal difference than a practical towing one but +/- 10Kg on the nose weight can have far more impact on the practical towing safety.

Every decision you make about towing and what to risk is a decision you take not on your own behalf, but one you take on behalf of the family that you don't know (yet) who are travelling in the opposite direction.
And exactly why i have done the things i have as mentioned above.

Seastoke

Visit site
Well if you are going to leave it on a mooring which can blow up when you are not there , leave it in a yard and launch when you are going down, you could leave it at Bruce k get him to fill with petrol fill the fun box then launch it with his disco and tie to his floating pontoon. Win win.

Hadenough

Visit site
You lost me there kida, its on a trailer. Why get somebody else to launch it for me. Or do you mean keep it on a yard trailer ?

And exactly why i have done the things i have as mentioned above.
Wayne, the naysayers (loadsamoney usually) are getting involved. We know what you are capable of so just get on with it and worry about putting in the water when you have to.
Look forward to your posts. ?

Hadenough

Visit site
Well if you are going to leave it on a mooring which can blow up when you are not there , leave it in a yard and launch when you are going down, you could leave it at Bruce k get him to fill with petrol fill the fun box then launch it with his disco and tie to his floating pontoon. Win win.
££££££ but obviously not a problem for you.

waynes world

Visit site
Wayne, the naysayers (loadsamoney usually) are getting involved. We know what you are capable of so just get on with it and worry about putting in the water when you have to.
Look forward to your posts. ?

go on then cost for it to have that done ??? i think ill need a swift cider now lol