When does your season start

Elessar

Visit site
We had our first barbecue / social of the year on Saturday night. 8 of us, canopies up and heating on. Electric blanket makes the beds toasty.
Rotten weather January even so the boat’s been used. More use makes it cheaper in man maths.

alex23299

Visit site
First trip back to the boat in 2023 will be mid-March, hopefully catch some good weather in Malta for a few days out. Then we move from Malta to Northern Sicily end of April for the summer season. Can't wait to get some sunshine!
Hi there - we're hoping to base the boat in Sicily for a month or two from end of April this year... Any tips re safe marinas, cruising grounds?

dune16

www.noforeignland.com
Hi there - we're hoping to base the boat in Sicily for a month or two from end of April this year... Any tips re safe marinas, cruising grounds?

We are moving there for the season end of April. We will be based in Capo d'Orlando marina, read lots of positives (well protected since sea wall was extended) about the place and rates (for Italy) are good.

The Q

Visit site
4 weeks till the summer season starts, desperately trying to finish the varnishing.
Winter season prize giving has been just announced for the 28th March.

BruceK

Visit site
If they havent microwaved my guts to slop then March 20th. But they are chasing the rabbit down the hole. Its spreading faster than they can zap it so I may take matters into my own hands, fire the quacks and self medicate on vintage port, reds anything really

SC35

Visit site
If they havent microwaved my guts to slop then March 20th. But they are chasing the rabbit down the hole. Its spreading faster than they can zap it so I may take matters into my own hands, fire the quacks and self medicate on vintage port, reds anything really

The quacks generally know what they are doing.
Ceasing the microwaving can mean things deteriorate very rapidly.

BruceK

Visit site
I know. But they fight for 8 extra months vs quality of life. By my reckoning those extra months fall mostly in the off season. Its in the bone. They plug away at all the other things they can but the bullet has been fired. You can do your best to duck and dodge but you cant outrun it.

Mr Googler

Visit site
I know. But they fight for 8 extra months vs quality of life. By my reckoning those extra months fall mostly in the off season. Its in the bone. They plug away at all the other things they can but the bullet has been fired. You can do your best to duck and dodge but you cant outrun it.
Thinking of you and yours Brucey

Elessar

Visit site
Whats a season ?
Jan 2nd 2023.
To be fair, whilst I have used the boat I didn’t have my first paddle board trip until last Saturday. Down the river from my boat to my pals boat. Lots of wine. Walking was a little impaired but the paddle home was fine. Two head torches facing front and back to be safe.

sc25 Sweden

Visit site
Difficult to launch when the sea is frozen - no OCD involved
QUOTE="Bigplumbs, post: 8113577, member: 160967"]
I go out when I can. I think those that have a season do not help them selves. Very often linked to OCD
[/QUOTE]