What's wrong with me. I'm enjoying living in a boatyard!,

Bertramdriver

www.williamsandsmithells.com
The Bertram is up for sale and the broker pointed out how many jobs were " not quite finished". I had to agree. For twelve years we've done things to make our life at sea more comfortable but the lure of being afloat meant that 100's of jobs were never properly finished before we launched. " I'll finish it when we're afloat" became a mantra but we never did. Once afloat life becomes more intense/relaxed so the jobs just multiplied. Familiar story?
So we've spent the past two months in Ionian Marine at Preveza finishing jobs, a couple per day. The boat yard is comfortable with all facilities. On site there's a couple of taverns / cafes and a mini market for fresh bread and eggs. There's quite a liveaboard community who seem to travel around Europe in their Camper Vans and then float their boats in the summer. So there's always someone to talk to or help out.
All in all we've had all of the benefits of being on our boat in the med without the stress of Panzer cats smashing into us and charters lifting our anchors.
Our position gives us sea views on both sides and we can watch the fronts rolling over us without panicking over mooring ropes or anchors holding.
So if the Bertram doesn't sell we may just keep it here here as a holiday home by the seaside.
If you're interested
http://www.williamsandsmithells.com/used-boat/?Make=Bertram&Model=42&BoatID=5091586

jonic

www.jryachts.com
I have been back for almost five years now and live in a pretty thatched cottage in the forest.

.....but still miss living in a boatyard!

Artic Warrior

Visit site
Hi,,,
Its funny but ive looked at it in a different way this year,
Ive a 45ft steel sailing boat and the deck needed to be bared back and new paint laid,
Ive been doing it on and off over 5 years now, but sick of seeing it looking ugly.
so its out the water until complete for the next 18 months,,,

Im in no rush as retired now,,,(46) and treat it as a cottage next to the sea,,,my view is amazing here in Greece (Evia) and the weather is fab,,,,everyone rushes to get into the water,,,and im just taking it steady and enjoying everyone getting hot and frustrated,,,
So I understand where the Pm is coming from.

Colin

The Bertram is up for sale and the broker pointed out how many jobs were " not quite finished". I had to agree. For twelve years we've done things to make our life at sea more comfortable but the lure of being afloat meant that 100's of jobs were never properly finished before we launched. " I'll finish it when we're afloat" became a mantra but we never did. Once afloat life becomes more intense/relaxed so the jobs just multiplied. Familiar story?
So we've spent the past two months in Ionian Marine at Preveza finishing jobs, a couple per day. The boat yard is comfortable with all facilities. On site there's a couple of taverns / cafes and a mini market for fresh bread and eggs. There's quite a liveaboard community who seem to travel around Europe in their Camper Vans and then float their boats in the summer. So there's always someone to talk to or help out.
All in all we've had all of the benefits of being on our boat in the med without the stress of Panzer cats smashing into us and charters lifting our anchors.
Our position gives us sea views on both sides and we can watch the fronts rolling over us without panicking over mooring ropes or anchors holding.
So if the Bertram doesn't sell we may just keep it here here as a holiday home by the seaside.
If you're interested
http://www.williamsandsmithells.com/used-boat/?Make=Bertram&Model=42&BoatID=5091586