Whatever IS it? - I haven't a clue.

ThereAndBack

Visit site
Re: Whatever IS it? - I haven\'t a clue.

[ QUOTE ]
Have you looked for press studs in your dinghy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, before posting. The dinghy is a 1980s vintage Tinker Tramp with no press-studs in sight.

Still a good bit of lateral thinking, that man.

Alan

ThereAndBack

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Have you asked the previous owners?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, with no reply. Probably his way of getting his own back on me for haggling so hard when I bought the boat.

Alan

polantom

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you asked the previous owners?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, with no reply. Probably his way of getting his own back on me for haggling so hard when I bought the boat.

Alan

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually he may be embarassed because he doesn't know what it is either. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

On a serious note, could it be something that's used instead of the spray hood during winter lay up. Mybe the studs connect to the same ones that the spray hood uses.

ThereAndBack

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
On a serious note, could it be something that's used instead of the spray hood during winter lay up. Mybe the studs connect to the same ones that the spray hood uses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that but there are no press-studs anywhere near where it may go.

Alan

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk

[ QUOTE ]
Throw it away and then the use will become obvious /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

BRILLIANT! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Why not send it to the previous owner, saying you found it in the boat & you wouldn't want hin to be incommoded without his medical appliance?

tugboat

Visit site

If you tie the cord round your waist and let the fabric hang they would look like bellbottomed trollies SO...................

they're EMERGENCY FLARES, keep 'em in your grab bag! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThereAndBack

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
wraps round the bimini when its folded back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, we have no bimini - so perhaps not.

Alan

ThereAndBack

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Previous owner resented your hard nosed bargaining, so took away the bimini, but forgot the cpver.

[/ QUOTE ]

The previous owner, after receiving a large bankers draft, very kindly returned to the boat to inform us that we could keep the mooring warps !!!