What would you call these shelves.

Mark-1

Visit site
What would you regard as the correct/most widely understood term for these shelves with plywood surround?

IMG-20240129-WA0003~2.jpg

(Not my image, BTW.)

TIA.

RivalRedwing

Visit site
Could it also be that locker is a space to put stuff and cave means it doesn't need a door? I'll admit I would find it hard to call it something else after half a century of cave locker. But that's just me and those that taught me. :)
To me the use of 'cave' implies something of reasonable size, not a shelf with a decorative surround, cubby hole for me with or without horticultural additions

Mark-1

Visit site
To me the use of 'cave' implies something of reasonable size, not a shelf with a decorative surround, cubby hole for me with or without horticultural additions

Point of order: Obvs the surround isn't decorative, it's the thing that stops stuff bouncing out. Maybe it helps with stiffness too, although I doubt that.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
They're not needed for that. Shouldn't they be wantonly strewn across the berths as your mistress removes them as she dances around that pole?

Putting them tidily away in a locker might kill the vibe.
In the absence of a suitable bed headboard they could be suitable places for the mistress to lodge her feet after wantonly discarding her under garments.