What Sort of Season?

C08

Visit site
Boat problems, house repairs and some health issues mean we have had only 10 days on the boat this year and that was blighted by engine problems and very windy weather, but at least we got to explore upriver from Dartmouth!
I see SW weather forescast is showiing rain until the end of this month.. What sort of a sailing season are others having this year?

Pete7

Visit site
A blustery week at the end of March, a fab fortnight in the sunshine at the beginning of June and now just looking forward to a couple of weeks away in September. Life is good and thank the lord we are not in Spain with their problems.

KevinV

Visit site
Weather, work and back trouble meant I only launched last week - just in time for this weather! :ROFLMAO:

[2574]

Visit site
A blissful three weeks of glorious sunshine and settled weather in the Outer Hebrides. Weather broke up here about three weeks ago but thats given us some fabulous sailing breeze for the past fortnight. No complaints from the West of Scotland - sublime summer so far. This was West Harris in mid-June:

Luckentyre small.png

And Upper Loch Torridon:Upper Loch Torridon.jpg

Lightwave395

Visit site
A brilliant season thus far, A bit of April, then May and June in Southern Brittany and the Vendee in glorious weather, boat now currently out of the water for the crowded French holiday season then subject to the weather we'll be back for much of September and possibly some of October

20230607_113027.jpg

Last edited:

jac

Visit site
Non existent!

Boat was new to us in October and winter work ( coppercoat and rerigging) was delayed by bad weather so not launched till mid May. Sorting niggles , a family holiday has meant one test sail and thats it. Been on board most weekends working through a list.

Hopeful that our two weeks in early August will be blessed by fair weather!!!

Poignard

Visit site
A brilliant season thus far, A bit of April, then May and June in Southern Brittany and the Vendee in glorious weather, boat now currently out of the water for the crowded French holiday season then subject to the weather we'll be back for much of September and possibly some of October
Shaddap! I hate people who gloat.

My boat remains ashore while I recover from surgery. 🥲

I plan to launch her next month, and then go sailing. 😃👍👏

ash2020

Visit site
Boat problems, house repairs and some health issues mean we have had only 10 days on the boat this year and that was blighted by engine problems and very windy weather, but at least we got to explore upriver from Dartmouth!
I see SW weather forescast is showiing rain until the end of this month.. What sort of a sailing season are others having this year?
You're lucky, just had my second day on the boat this year and both were miserable, far too windy! So that works out at a little over a thousand pounds for a day out!

Emmark

Visit site
Its my first full season of owning a boat after buying it in August last year. I’ve managed to have 7 half days out on it sailing since late May, I’ve tried to go out a few other occasions but bad weather or no wind has forced me to cancel 3-4 times at the last minute.

I was really pleased with my use in June but July has been a complete washout.

Im hoping late July/August gets better!

Crinan12

Visit site
Really good so far, spent 45 nights aboard up till now. Weather in Scotland has now gone back to normal (showery) but may and june were amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_20230616_170237.jpg
    IMG_20230616_170237.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230606_180430.jpg
    IMG_20230606_180430.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20230605_160048.jpg
    IMG_20230605_160048.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8

jlavery

Visit site
Superb early season delivering up to, then cruising in SW Scotland. 10 weeks on board! Weather gone off the boil a bit now and more unsettled.

But back home for 2 weeks - hoping weather improves for our return.

William_H

Visit site
Well here in antipodes just about every summer is the same. Blue skies and lots of wind in the afternoon. I just realised 7 weeks to relaunch and start of new season. Boat is all ready except for a/f on bottom. How does the song go "One season following another" this will be no 40 at this club still bashing around the same buoys every Sunday. ol'will

Poignard

Visit site
Well here in antipodes just about every summer is the same. Blue skies and lots of wind in the afternoon. I just realised 7 weeks to relaunch and start of new season. Boat is all ready except for a/f on bottom. How does the song go "One season following another" this will be no 40 at this club still bashing around the same buoys every Sunday. ol'will
Long may it continue, William.

Stemar

Visit site
Expensive and frustrating, catching up with the previous owner's neglect. 😒

It should have been a routine service of the two engines, but both raw water pumps are leaking really badly. New ones aren't going to cost much more than the bits and labour for a refurbishment, so wait for the parts. They arrive and when we come to change them, the nuts are shapeless lumps of rust. Access is poor, and the only way to get at them with a suitable brute force tool is engines out. OK lift out, engines out, storage fees. Pumps are in, all we've got to do is bung the engines back in, but we'll give 'em a quick clean up. Hmm, not sure about that scab of rust on the port engine's sump. Better clean it off. Oh, it's leaking oil. The other sump isn't much better, so we'd better do that one while we're about it. A week's wait for parts - did I mention storage fees? Ah, only one sump. The other's on back order. A week's wait for parts. Storage fees.

The second sump's arrived and we should get the engines back in on Tuesday and go back in on Wednesday, with a bit of luck, but I said that last week And the week before.

peter gibbs

Visit site
Trip to S coast from Harwich cancelled until jetstream moves N again. Don't fancy being bottled in marina with bored family whilst nature sorts herself out.