What Planar/Autoterm heater for my 9m boat?

14K478

Visit site
I can tell you one thing NOT to do!

The previous owners had tapped the engine fuel line for the then-fitted Eberspaecher and generator.

As I probably don't need to tell any member of this forum, air was drawn in to the engine fuel line at this point, stopping the engine and mystifying more than one marine engineer -Fox's solved it.

Either have a separate tank or have a separate line from the tank.

oldgit

Visit site
Take a little more time and trouble to pick up the fuel supply from your main diesel tank. Filling up that little remote tank will eventually become a pain.
If you are lucky there might even be a blanked off tapping on the top of the tank.
Worth making sure that the end of the heater pick up pipe is well above those for your engine(s ).
And remember you will need to get to the heater again at some point in the future

PaulRainbow

Visit site
many thanks all, i went for the 4kw, one port for now, may increase ports later in the year. Gone for the basic controller too for and will lookout for deals on the comfort controller.

what sealant do i need for the skin fitting?

The mounting bracket. i'm looking at installing the heater in the cockpit locker, could i just epoxy some wood to the hull inside the locker?
Sealant, CT1 is fine (or similar). If you're using the stainless bracket, yes you can epoxy some wood in the locker to screw the bracket to, i'd coat the wood in epoxy too.