What is my Optimus cooker worth?

tilmansailing

Visit site
I am about to replace my Optimus paraffin cooker (2 burners and oven) with a gas cooker. To defray some of the cost I would like to sell the old cooker but am not sure how much demand there is for paraffin stoves?

tilmansailing

Visit site
Optimus cooker

The oven is a 156 and is in fair condition. We were using it up to the end of last season with no problems.

The top is a 155 in reasonable condition but both burners have pinhole leaks that cause smoky, yellow, flames away from the burner cap. I have reserved 2 burners with 'The Base Camp' and they should be available soon.

I also have loads of spares, nipples, burner caps (inner & outer), valve spindles (some unused, some used), lead & graphite packing, etc, etc. which I will sell separately.

Ubergeekian

Me: Castle Douglas, SW Scotland. Boats: Kirkcudbri
www.drmegaphone.com
I am about to replace my Optimus paraffin cooker (2 burners and oven) with a gas cooker. To defray some of the cost I would like to sell the old cooker but am not sure how much demand there is for paraffin stoves?

Is that a Batspis 157? I sold one - and now regret it - on eBay last year for a hundred quid. PM me if that general price would be of interest ...

tilmansailing

Visit site
Optimus 55/155 and 156 oven

Not a 157! note the numbers above.
Are you offering £100 for the 2 burner top? Or are you looking for a bargain complete 2 burner & oven? It is only for sale as a complete cooker, needing 2 burners.
I think I will go to E-bay.

Ubergeekian

Me: Castle Douglas, SW Scotland. Boats: Kirkcudbri
www.drmegaphone.com
Not a 157! note the numbers above.
Are you offering £100 for the 2 burner top? Or are you looking for a bargain complete 2 burner & oven? It is only for sale as a complete cooker, needing 2 burners.
I think I will go to E-bay.

Sorry, you are quite right. 156. And yes, I'm only interested in the whole thing.