What have you found floating

powerskipper

www.facebook.com
so do tell what have you found floating.
I found this yesterday.
10478662_908855492474754_4489181923532824266_n.jpg

and this middel fender a while agao.
300516_282887031738273_1637120620_n.jpg

Andy Bav

Visit site
We hired a catamaran at Teignmouth and went about a mile offshore spotted a little rowing boat with a bloke hanging off the side in the water and his mate inside wetting himself with laughter. Both were out of their skulls. Apparently the guy stood up to relieve himself and fell in and his mate was frightened (!) of capsizing neither realised where there were. We got him back in and they started rowing back to shore. Told a passing rib as we got closer to shore.

Floating Preferably

Visit site
Had you reported a shipping container there is a fair chance they would have asked the same question. Isn't it odd when people ask questions to which most normal people find the answers 100% obvious. No doubt you reported the incident starting with your boat name and size and type of vessel. After hitting what looked like a railway sleeper, I was once asked whether I considered it a hazard to other vessels? Two answers sprang to mind, the first was 'not a hazard unless they dont see it, like me, second answer would have been, 'no hazard, and maybe we should have many more of them, just to keep propeller repair shops busy'. Grrrh, talk about bleedin obvious. Maybe a job as an on the spot TV/radio reporter is a pre-requisite, some of them come up with great questions

Ripster

Visit site
Found a whole rear seat unit from some type of Powerboat floating along past the Needles once. My mate wanted to leave it but, as skipper I thought that too much of a hazzard, so we pulled it on board the swim plat (We were opn FB MOBO at the time) and carried it to our next port of call and disposed of it on land. Have also found a number of fenders - the best one came bobbing along in lyme bay, we thought it was a huge pot bouy at first, but it was too clean and nice for that.

bigwow

Visit site
Found a wooden pallet floating down the river. It was compete with carpet, arm chair and standard lamp! We went close enough to make sure there was nobody on it then left it to go on it's way to amuse others.

Bilgediver

Visit site
A very expesive looking jet powered drone off west coast USA. Thought might be man on board. So stopped to inspect. Advised USCG and left where it was . Pity EBay had not been invented ;-) :) ;-) :)

AIDY

www.ybw.com
Found a rib floating off Portland with not a soul in it... Thought about claiming salvage. But reported it to CG just in case someone fell out off it. I took it in tow to the dart. Where the owner who hadn't noticed it missing after he thought he had towed it across Lyme bay picked it up from me in the evening... Not even a word of thanks...

Should of had it as salvage .

david_bagshaw

Visit site
Many fenders, A cow in the Meuse, and Body in the Sambre. Lastly a rubber dingy near the Goodwins, bobbing like a tomb stone. Long time ago in 70-80s excecpt the fenders.

Elessar

Visit site
Lots of people have found cows it seems!. Me too but mine was a calf. Rescued it to get rapturous mooing thanks from the herd.

A cable reel. I mean the ones used to wire up a power station like about 12 ft diameter.