Lifejacket safety and crew amusement

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
Is it not funny how you are the one doing the hard work on the deck?
On the few times I have had a crew I have found a similar experience.
Odd that. :rolleyes: :unsure:
To be fair, you’re a grumpy old bugger, they’re probably having a laugh. I have found in my increasing years that my crew jobs have been steered by my increasing experience. These days I’ll typically be given mainsheet and tactics. On my own boat though, people like to know what she feels like, so guests are asked to steer. Then, I probably do have to run about a bit.

norwill

Visit site
I've only taken two charter crews out to St Kilda, both sailing from Scalloway Shetland. That was way back in the 80's. The boat was "Hermes of Lune"
That is the boat! We were a crew from the oil terminal.I think we would have been the first trip. I was also on the Out Skerries escapade.Learned a bit of chart and nav. work from you at Anderson High.Them was the days!

Reactions: srm

mjcoon

www.mjcoon.plus.com
Could we have a little less of the "old" please.
I still have 4 years to go before I reach the average extinction age for a male of 81 years.
Although I admit that I am debating whether to go to the dentist with my chipped tooth or not :cry:
Don't take the tooth out before you visit, though I understand some people are resorting to DIY solutions...

SaltyC

Visit site
Could we have a little less of the "old" please.
I still have 4 years to go before I reach the average extinction age for a male of 81 years.
Although I admit that I am debating whether to go to the dentist with my chipped tooth or not :cry:
You have a Dentist???? You are either a rich plutocrat with Private Health or do not live in the UK 😄

Daydream believer

Visit site
Don't take the tooth out before you visit, though I understand some people are resorting to DIY solutions...
I have a very good private dentist. It is a case whether or not to blow the £250 for a filling or not before I reach 81
You have a Dentist???? You are either a rich plutocrat with Private Health or do not live in the UK 😄
No private health. Just go there when I need my wallet extracted. :unsure: