What have you found floating

GrahamHR

Visit site
A 2 metre wide Minnie Mouse helium balloon just off the Skerries NW Anglesey; weighed down by the weed growing on the string. It was surreal, the water was like glass, from a distance I couldn't figure out what sort of navigation aid it was ! My daughter refused to let us take it out of the water as it was so "spooky"!..............................it seemed to turn towards us to "look" at us as we motored away !

superheat6k

Visit site
I lost a tubular radar reflector off my last boat, which was moored in Dolphin Marina, Gosport. The plastic tubular base was left behind.

About two weeks later I found an identical radar reflector washed up on the beach at Southampton Water near Hamble village. It fitted my vacant base perfectly.

Same one - that would be spooky ???

hannahman

Visit site
I'd just had my boat's mast un stepped at Shamrock Quay. I hadn't noticed, when I'd loaded my two wooden trestles into the car at home, that one of them was actually quite rotten, and certainly not safe to take the weight of the mast.
I needed the mast to be at a 'sensible' height to varnish it, so I was just about to set off around the yard for some blocks or a drum, when what did I spot floating just off the foreshore on the tide? Yep, a wooden trestle. It was duly fished out and served me for several years after that!

Doug