What cruise plans for 2024 ? Apart from usual day stuff ?

Refueler

Visit site
I am talking to my guys about extended trip in Baltic - to restart cruises I used to do in Stockholm Archipelago ... and up to Alands.

Likely trip length 2 weeks or more. Depending on 'work' which at this time is driving me nuts with the amount ! - intended could be :

Ventspils (Latvia) to Farosund (Gotland)
Farosund to Nynashamn (Sweden) - may meet up with seller of the boat !
Then up through the Islands stopping at various islands ... mooring to trees / rocks.
Ending up possibly at Arnholm (northern end of Stockholm Arch).

From there - maybe Marieholm - Alands and then drop down to Saaremaa Estonian Island ... then home to Ventspils.

Previously I have completed various parts of such a trip on the smaller 25ft Motor Sailer .... but with the larger faster sail boat - maybe can do more of it this coming year ...

dC0YyAn.jpg

Interested what others have planned ......

Refueler

Visit site
I also plan to take my camera drone to try and get some footage .. but one thing I will not do - is annoy others with it !!

I was hoping to do 'follow me' while sailing ... perfectly feasible - but the 38 has too many wires / rigging to be safe launch and retrieve .. so will likely be limited to while moored up ...

AMOREST

Visit site
This year trying to do more than 4 weeks and getting stuck in Plockton for 4 days.

(Nothing against Plockton - great place amazing food and Moorings community - and very safe in gales)

We did re-visit Raasay (nice pontoons) and The old Forge - we were there for the BBC R4 Pilgrimage For a Pint with Julie Fowlis et al Live. Amazing.

Refueler’s plans prompted me to think about plans for later in the year setting up a trip to the Baltic / Norway / Denmark in 2025/2026.

Oh how the time will fly.

Happy New Year.

dunedin

Visit site
A 2 week single-handed jaunt Maryport to the Isle of Skye (Loch Scavaig) is booked in. Can’t wait ……
Sounds good. Didn’t know you could prebook the weather for a two week period, is there a booking form? :cool:

Our plan is go somewhere the weather gods permit. Did 2,500 nm this year (it’s still 2023!) including 4 x round Mull of Kintyre (two each way) 2x Cape Wrath (one each way) and one round Out Stack. But none of that was pre-planned.

Last edited:

rotrax

South Oxon, Littlehampton and Wellington, NZ.
Visit site
First Mate and I are planning another cruise to the South And West of Ireland.

Leave Littlehampton, to Cherbourg, then Falmouth. Check conditions for crossing to Cork or Baltimore, Newlyn if not good enough. Once across, head North if conditions allow.

Not planning to head further North than Galway.

Then a very relaxed cruise back, spending time in nice spots and hanging out with the locals. ;)

Back to Littlehampton for early/mid September.

jlavery

Visit site
This year trying to do more than 4 weeks and getting stuck in Plockton for 4 days.

(Nothing against Plockton - great place amazing food and Moorings community - and very safe in gales)

We did re-visit Raasay (nice pontoons) and The old Forge - we were there for the BBC R4 Pilgrimage For a Pint with Julie Fowlis et al Live. Amazing.

Refueler’s plans prompted me to think about plans for later in the year setting up a trip to the Baltic / Norway / Denmark in 2025/2026.

Oh how the time will fly.
We were at Inverie that night, but only realised afterwards that that's what was going on in the pub as we walked past 😀

Plans for 2024 - straight(ish) out to Outer Hebrides, then St Kilda if/when weather allows, and back to explore Skye, Torridon etc. if time/weather allows.

bergie

lille-oe.de
Having spent the last three seasons in the Baltic, we intend to head west this spring, towards Norway and Scotland. Hopefully starting in early April from Berlin, when there is a decent chance of easterlies to get us past Denmark.

IMG_1231.jpeg

scozzy

Visit site
Around the firth of forth with a half set in a pencil bag playing courses as close as possible to the harbour/mooring. Might take a few trips over the summer to do it starting from home port Dunbar and making way in and around to Anstruther.

Clubs/ports including NthBerwick ,Musselburgh etc and inwards to the West to start before aberbour,Elie,Anstruther and maybe
Crail as well before home across the mouth of the forth

rotrax

South Oxon, Littlehampton and Wellington, NZ.
Visit site
To venture outside of the Solent

Try going East. Chichester harbour and then Littlehampton. That way you can be sure of arriving at the right time, just before full HW is best for us. You will find a warm welcome and the Arun Yacht Club offers a good bar and galley. Also a bit more adventurous than Poole or Weymouth.

Refueler

Visit site
Try going East. Chichester harbour and then Littlehampton. That way you can be sure of arriving at the right time, just before full HW is best for us. You will find a warm welcome and the Arun Yacht Club offers a good bar and galley. Also a bit more adventurous than Poole or Weymouth.

I delivered my Snap 23 from Chichester Hbr to Brighton with new owner on board ...

Most boring and mind numbing sail ever !! Sorry but not a sail I would repeat ...

I appreciate that we did not stop at points on the way ... that in hindsight would have perked it up ... but my question is : Where do you go to for a day sail once clear of Solent ??

Its same question I have for Ventspils where I am now ..... there's no Bay to do a day sail to a place and then come back ... unless its just out .. sail around and back again

Never Grumble

Visit site
Thanks, we used to keep the boat in Chi Hbr. Littlehampton is on the list to do, it's not a competence thing just time poor.