What’s the best toilet brush for a boat?

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
Simple question. Ideally we’d like one with a holder that we can screw to a bulkhead. There are various sites that claim to give you the 10 best toilet brushes for a boat, but they all link to Amazon and I assume the click bait without any real research.

Any suggestions?

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
We have an all plastic, standard size, brush with a slim shaft and shoft(ish) brush. Goes all the way. Cheap as chips

.... they all link to Amazon and I assume the click bait without any real research.

One of the thousands of click baits. If your search contains one or more of the words: recommended, test winner, review, best, rank -or anything similar you are bound to get plenty of them.

Try adding -amazon to the search, should remove (some of) them.

Using the title of your post, limited to .uk domain results:

what is the best toilet brush for a boat site:.uk finds 1.430.000 results.
what is the best toilet brush for a boat site:.uk -amazon finds 1.330.000 results.

Still too many to be useful, but you get the idea ;)

Some of baits admit to making money on your click, so if you search for
what is the best toilet brush for a boat site:.uk -amazon -affiliate -fee -earn the result is 810.000

Last edited:

AngusMcDoon

Visit site
Thanks for the responses so far. I should have added that the toilets on Serendipity are Jabsco so a v small brush head is essential. I like the idea of a washing up type brush but stowage?

In a bread bag, shove it in a locker in the khazi.

I recommend finishing the bread first before using the bag.

Last edited:

fredrussell

Visit site
Without a shadow of a doubt, this one:

OceanAir Brush & Stow Toilet Brush

Beautifully designed, brush head perfect snug fit it Jabsco toilet ‘throat’. Well sealed when brush put back in container so I leave some bleach in there to keep things ‘pleasant’. One of the best things I’ve ever bought for the boat - admittedly I’m quite fastidious about a clean heads though!

Poignard

Visit site
We bought ours from a poundshop in Gosport High Street in 1997 and it is still doing the job.

Every now and then I tie a line to it and dangle it in the sea for a few hours for the fish to clean.

ashtead

Visit site
Shower it down but bottle brushes freely available or other types at many poundstores in Gosport to be kept in the under sink locker with suitable toilet fluid bottle .

mikegunn

Visit site
I find that a toothbrush works well, particularly if its head is offset by approximately 45° by using a heat gun. That has the benefit of rendering the brush useless for its original purpose but perfect for getting deep inside a jabsco toilet.
Mike