wet carpets in cabin

lionelz

Visit site
Hi there after some help. I own a 2004 rinker 270 vista vee I was on it this weekend (we did not go out) and noticed after the first night that there was a wet patch on the carpet in the cabin. We removed the top carpet to see that the under carpet was soaked. It was just at the bottom of the steps. all the carpet around the outside was dry it was just the centre section about a 2ft long 1ft wide. I tried to look underneath it but am having no luck. I have lifted the covers under both beds (V berth and under the helm position and cannot see to where I want to). The carpet appears permanatley fixed so was unable to lift them, is there any other access points to look underneath. I am also trying to find where the leak is, do the water pipes run under this section to the toilet and shower?

Any help or advice would be appreciated

lionelz

Visit site
Its not under the hatch, however it could be coming in via the door! It could also be coming from the shower/toilet (we have not used the shower but we have the toilet) What really poor is the fact that I cannot find any access ports to the hull in the centre section. The trouble is I thought it was just sightly damp from the sea air only when I walked over it with out shoe's that I relized it was soaked. and we only noticed it just before we were going so no real time to do any further investigation. Boats what a pain they are :) but so much fun, and a good night on sunday, did not go out because of weather, but took the ferry across to gunwarf in Portsmouth and had meal out, its like the wife and I are dating again after 27 years marriage

abraxus

Visit site
I'm not familiar with your boat but will offer a couple of guesses.

If it's coming from the shower/toilet, then there should access to the plumbing somewhere so you can check for leaky pipes/connections. If not in the shower compartment itself, then there may be an access hatch in the adjoining wall in the aft berth, or perhaps under the steps going down into the cabin.

The other possibilty is that it could be water/condensation from the fridge, so you might want to check under and around that for signs of any spillage.

rafiki_

Visit site
The most likely source is water ingress from outside. What happens to rain water? Is there a blocked drain hole anywhere on the cabin roof or also leaking around the windscreen seal. Look for the most likely and simple causes first, before you start to take the boat to pieces.

GrahamHR

Visit site
Another American Sportsboat manufacturers models suffer from fresh water ingress into the cabin via the anchor locker; the triangular piece forming the aft end of the locker is not well sealed.